2009 Corvette ZR1 Supercharged LS9: Discussion & pics

Eh… not exactly.

The 08 viper w/just an exhaust will put down almost 100 horsepower MORE than this new Vette… normally aspirated. The ACR is due out which sheds quite a bit of weight and adds 1000lbs downforce.

Keep drooling over that vette, and watch it get its ass handed to it by the new ACR in the real world- even stock for stock. Look at the IC temp on the chart on the previous page- 10C? yeah, thats realistic <sarcasm> As soon as heat soak sets in on the vette, its game over. If that Viper has ANY breathing mods, its game over. The ACR is going to hand it its ASS on the road course, mark my words. 1.0-1.1G of roadholding? F-that, the new ACR has almost 50% MORE than that… One-Point-Fucking-Five G’s.

Oh, but Vipers cant handle. I forgot.

ib4butthevettecanaddapulley4tehwin!

PS-SRT knew about the new ZR1 being around the corner… I dont think they are sleeping. Its fairly obvious that the 08’s are extremely detuned… look for more power very soon, maybe even '09. Dont get me wrong, I think the ZR1 is nice as hell… but they could have broken the vette mold for this super vette… and they failed miserably at it. Its just another same-old vette with some more toys… even the Vette guys are pissed.

eh I dont really like vipers…I think they are over rated. Granted I’ve never been in one…but they just never did anything for me. I LOVE this new vette though. IMHO 100X better looking than any viper.

Wow that looks quick.

1.5g’s ? Source? On what tires?

cleanup please…dave’s office…

Vipers are boats.

I dont know alot about them. Other then, my v6 grandprix was faster. And last spring I got invited to the glen for a thurs test day. To ride along in 2 track prep c5 Z06s we built/servise. On warm up lap, I was told “and this turn is were the vipers crash” Later that day a viper crashed right there. :slight_smile:

i hope youre right, id love the viper to blow the doors off this thing and im sure the srt guys are at work, but how far is this going to go? if teh viper makes 700 horse, the corvette is gonna turn up the boost to make 750 and so on, until theres so much torque each cars gonna come with AWD or have a duely ass end

the henessey viper and lingenfelter vette in the 1000hp wars in car and driver both lost to scott hefferns ford gt,

basically theres wars will never end

PS: everyones entitled to their own opinion, but the vette isnt exactly like mind blowing, it is insanley fast, but looks wise, it doesnt have that uniqeness of something as a ferrari or a viper or ford gt that separates these cars from the vettes, when you look at something like a viper its more of a way of life than a car

Key Word: Hennessey.

The magazines drool over him… meanwhile the rest of the Viper world left him in the dust years ago. He is a marketing genius however, I’ll give him that.

PS- funny how the most biased anti-Viper voices on this thread both admit to never being in one and/or knowing next to nothing about them. Congrats I guess… or something.

The current Viper has its hands full with the current Z06. the ZR1 has 150Hp over the Z06. A body kit and stickier tires (ACR) aren’t going to make up that kind of difference. Lets not forget the upgraded suspension on the ZR1 which b.asicly incorperates MR shocks with Launch control to get out of the hole. Sorry Dan the ACR isn’t touching the ZR1

Viper’s suck. I’ve been in multiple ripoff artist hennesy models. I’ve driven a bunch of 2nd Gen GTS’ and been in multiple SRT-10’s.

Boring, other than the abundance of torque. Great meathead cars though!

ZR1>Z06>Viper *

i don’t feel like burning my left side because the exhaust is so freakin hot so I’ll stick with the vette’s

where the hell do you drive all of these cars, i sat in one back in 95 when i was 7 and it was in a dealer show room when my parents abondoned their aerostar for a caravan

back then 180 was a lot for a speedometer

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43865
See thread.
D

Arnold + ZR1 = Movie?

i’d see it

awesome! i love arnold

“its a ZR1, faster than any chopper” lol

BS

Either way I think Apaches only do 190-200mph

Wow… thread from the dead.

Oh the irony. Who were the idiots on this thread who stated the Viper was going to lose to the ZR1?

I’m sorry, I seem to have misplaced my list of cars that went around the ring faster than the ZR1, but I could swear the Viper ACR was one of them. :lolham:

Yea except I feel the ACR is like the gt3RS, a track car you could use on the road. Where as I feel the ZR1 is a crazy street car that you could use on the track. I feel like they are 2 totally different types of car. I’d rather have a 911