2010 Hennessey camaro Vs 2010 GT500

Dude. Since you want to nitpick and argue about nonsense (seeing as this thread is about SS and GT and I never said anything about Maximas)…let’s go.

I don’t normally swear. But, you sir, are a fucking idiot.

Go re-read my original post comparing my car to your car. I conceded the power/performance aspect of your car is greater than mine before you even opened your idiotic mouth. I KNOW YOUR CAR IS FASTER THAN MINE. I admitted it right from the get go. Would you like to hear me say it again?

Okay. Now that that is out of the way and you are hopefully still with me, lets discuss the other features.

Luxuries. No one was talking about Lexus or BMW or Acura or Rolls Royce. It was Camaro SS/SLP (or whatever you call your damn car) to a Maxima SE.

What did your car come with? Power mirrors/locks/AM/FM/CD? Does it have a sun roof? Does it have power seats (both sides)? Does it have cruise control? Are heated seats plug’n’play if you wished to add them? How about an auto-dim mirror? Plug’n’play? Fact of the matter is, my car is pre-wired for a LOT of things your Camaro only DREAMS of having when it comes to luxuries. My car came in base model, and with almost no effort, I have a fully loaded car even by todays standards.

Okay. Luxuries are out of the way. I know I win because your car isn’t known for luxury. It’s known for pure power. That’s fine and cool. I’m happy for your car.

Let’s move on to handling. This is a bit more subjective, but I am pretty sure if you put your STOCK car (not with your ‘new adjustable suspension’) up against my STOCK car on the back roads I will either hang or surpass your ‘handling ability’. A lot of it depends on the driver and the tires you have, since they are your contact with the road. There is a reason why the worlds monicker for the Maxima back in the 90’s was ‘4DSC’ (4 Dr. Sports Car). Nissan’s ability to mix handling, decent performance at the time, and luxury was what made the Maxima a flagship model. Don’t compare your girlfriends probable GLE or GXE model with a soft and gushy suspension to that of an SE. My suspension, in stock form, is much better than that of the GLE/GXE (I had a GXE prior to this car).

Now onto reliablity. I am willing bet the cost of ownership of a late 90’s Camaro SS vs a late 90’s Nissan Maxima is going to be more. Why? Because you car is American and up until recently, everyone knows Americans made poor quality cars. Will they last 300k? Sure. But how much money will you have to put into it to keep it on the road that long? I’m going to venture and say more than you would put into a same year Maxima. Also, you can say if you maintain anything it will last. Your link is pointless. For the average joe schmoe who ISN’T meticulous about the car, which last longer? The Maxima or the Camaro? Again, I’m going to say the Maxima. Why? Because it’s not American. There is a reason why American has that stigma.

Now onto performance. Wow. Your car runs 12 second 1/4 miles? AWESOME! That’s the point of your car. I’m so happy you can get to point A from point B in 12 seconds. I prefer to do it in 16. Whoop di doo.

You’re a fool.

Anyway, back to the thread.

2010 SS is WAY better looking than the 2010 GT. That’s what I said before, that’s what I’m sticking to, and I don’t know how Maxima’s got involved. I’m not even in the same class of car as those two. Who gives a shit about my Maxima?

:facepalm

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSmokin

“What did your car come with? Power mirrors/locks/AM/FM/CD? Does it have a sun roof? Does it have power seats (both sides)? Does it have cruise control? Are heated seats plug’n’play if you wished to add them? How about an auto-dim mirror? Plug’n’play? Fact of the matter is, my car is pre-wired for a LOT of things your Camaro only DREAMS of having when it comes to luxuries. My car came in base model, and with almost no effort, I have a fully loaded car even by todays standards.”

I have ALL of that. Am/Fm/CD and 6 disc CD changer, Leather seats, power seats, power windows, T-tops, Streering wheel controls, Power mirrors, Rear window defroster, Cruise control, 8 Speaker stereo system, Auto dim mirror, traction control, adjustable security system, A/C, two power ports…everything you Listed, I have! Hell, my stereo volume even turns up louder the faster I go and turns down the slower I go, automatically…my windows go down automatically too when you hit the switch You obviously dont know enough about my car to bash on it, since you listed everything you “thought” I didnt have, that you did, when I have all of it and more.

Handling, you obviously have never been in a f-body. For their size, they handle great…and in stock form, since I had bilstein shocks, 275 tires, bigger strut bars etc…it handled pretty damn good. I would Highly highly doubt you Maxima would stand a chance stock for stock against one on a road coarse.

They made it seem like hennessey severely over rated it in the vid.

its already got a cold air on it you numb nuts

hmmm I will hafto watch it again. I thought they under rated it.

Nah, it has a revised intake system on it. There is still alot of power to be made with a JLT kit. :thumbup

Ok, so say for the hell of it, they bolted on a turbo kit to the GT500. Would you say its a heavily modded car, or just a “bolt on” car. I know they didnt go into internals and such, but a blower, fuel upgrades, full exhaust, full suspension etc, is NOT just small little bolt ons man. you know it!

Oh, and vote to ban Ilya for his ignorance. Think before ya type dude!! :lol

Wow…you actually have some gadgets. Congrats. Nissan/Jap. Makers had most of that shit standard in 1995. Nothing I haven’t seen before yawn. Not to mention your car is 2 years newer (if we’re still comparing it to my car). You know what Maxima’s had in 2001? lol. I won’t even bother.

I guess we’ll never know how factory cars would handle will we?

Anyway…why am I still reading your nonsense. Thank you Wayne for bringing up the Maxima for some retarded reason as if it changes my original argument which is: 2010 SS > 2010 GT.

Ignorance of what? Cause I don’t know every damn option on a 2001 Camaro? Forgive me. Or is it my claim that non-american cars are better than American cars is false? Really? Ever read a consumer magazine? I’m stating facts. He’s comparing a muscle car to a family car. Little does he know that his precious ‘options’ which only were offered on certain american cars, were actually standard on most Japanese cars by the late 90’s.

I don’t know what his gripe is. I like all cars. I would say the same thing I said about my Maxima if the conversation was about Camaro vs Acura TL or Camaro vs Camry or vs Accord. I’m not a Maxima fan boy. It’s just a plain fact that American cars are at the end of the car line. Simply put. I don’t know why he can’t accept the fact. The majority of the world has. If anyone is ignorant, it’s people like him.

rep has been increased

ILYA. quit being a gay homosexual faggot.

You are truely a strange sob. You just talked your car up for having those options, which you were capable of having(and didnt actually have in stock form), then go on to bash him for having the same items, if not a couple more STOCK. There is NO WAY your car stock would outhandle a LS1 camaro. And im not being a domestic fanboi here, I typically hate camaro’s lol. You yourself said NUMEROUS times, that you dont know alot about the car hobby, and are just kind of in the scene. Thats cool and all, but dont say shit that isnt true.

Gt500>SS all day, every day.

Just because you read a magazine does NOT make it true. Do you believe EVERYTHING you read??? 9/10 magazines are biased, and 100% subjective, they are opinions of the cars tested.

And yes you should be scrutinized for not knowing what your arguing about, thats like going to battle without a weapon.

I DO NOT want to hear that 90’s jap cars have awesome interiors, ever been in a civic, wanna talk abotu cheap!!!

You are like every typical Gen-X’er, you have a preconcieved notion that American cars automatically suck. Ford was rated HIGHER in quality than toyota!! Get that??

STFU.

Why would an American magazine trash American cars? Or why would American consumer product companies trash American products?

:facepalm

I’m done. It’s a waste of my time to sit here and argue with you folks.

Im really not trying to be a dickhead here man, but you come off VERY arrogant, and un-intelligent with some of the things you post. Just a little constructive criticism.

ilya, you need a break. quit instigating. your maxima sucks

go get some vagina, penis, whatever it is you like, maybe bags of sand. but you are off your rocker.

awwwww some love from the ford man! are we bonding or what???

but yah…I agree with your statement 110%. He bashes on my car for not having shit his does, I list the things I have, and more and then he turns it around again.

I actually find the handling comparison with a 98 or whatever year Maxima funny against a LS1 f-body.

what it comes down to is what car company will pay the magazine editor or creator more money to bash/put down their competing company…the one that enrolls the most money, has the better looking car…thats what USUALLY happens.

A bond between Ford and Chevy has finally been made :lol

I was gonna look for the comparo, but then I got distracted lol.

ya ya I know…it was worth a try LOL