2010 Hennessey Z700

The exclusive new model features a number of enhancements that go beyond the requisite power increase, which in this case jumps from 638 to 705 dyno-tuned hp. HPE has also put the ZR1 on a diet, shedding pounds by adding lightweight carbon fiber seats and carbon fiber wheels wrapped in a Michilin Pilot Cup Sport tires. The wheels alone scrub off 60 lbs. of rotating weight. Aero enhancements include Hennessey’s Z-Aero carbon fiber front splitter, canards and rear spoiler, all of which add 300 lbs. of downforce. Finally, an alcantara steering wheel and shift knob should feel better in the hand when barnstorming the track.

Hennessey plans to prove that the Z700 is a big improvement over the ZR1 by taking direct aim at the standard car’s Nürburgring lap time of 7:26. They’ll be flying to Germany with a Z700 later this year to take their best shot, but considering that HPE is perhaps the only only tuning company with its very own on-site track, Lonestar Motorsports Park, we expect good results.

Only 24 examples will be produced, and customers who order a Z700 also get a one-day performance driving instruction course at Lonestar Motorsports Park. Total cost for a base Z700 will start at $207,150, which also includes the cost of a donor ZR1. That’s nearly a six-figure increase over the base price of a ZR1, so we’ll have to wait until it sets some lap times to see if it’s worth it.

At least they replaced the cobalt steering wheel

Crook

wait wait wait…

An extra $80,000 for 60hp, some c/f splitters/spoilers, and an alcantara steering wheel and shift knob ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t think he has made any yet.

umm… for a ZR1… i’d do it.

who cares about $80k when you can afford a ZR1???

i have 20 times the value of my car tied up in mods… this is less than 2X

Still sounds like Honda charging $5,000 for the Myugen Civic, which is just a body kit and tinted windows.

I can’t believe Hennessey is even still in business.

I would say a 80% increase in cost is a big deal bing.

Now that I read the article it seems like more like a 100% increase based on a new zr1 msrp of around 100k.

paying $100k for mods that might cost $20k(high estimate) is retarded, no matter how you look at it.

What do carbon fiber wheels cost? The thing is more than likely overpriced but looks pretty hot.

Rarity factor… for what it’s worth.

Id rather have a Pratt & Miller C6RS which is pretty much a street version of the C6R racecar
http://www.prattmillerc6rs.com/images/C6RS_highres/_Z8L1941.JPG

the zr1 is overpriced imo

Can you post a bigger picture?
I can almost make out the VIN.

Ridiculous HP, many exotic materials, unparalleled performance > or = cars of any price… How can you say its overpriced at $100k?

Where would you choose to spend your $100k?

a set of 18x10.5 are around $10k, so extrapolate the data.