me vs ZR700

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=330&cart=HdIPAeBm&DoThis=Chevrolet+Corvette+ZR1+(2009)&ActionReq=Where

vs

my 2004 ZO6 with ONLY the ECS kit. i made 583whp 516tq with 8psi.

when i add headers and another tune i should be at about 610whp range. seems to me this new ZR1 is running out of steam or this tune is terrible.

please insert your thoughts here ______________

link doesnt work

many shops have already proven that the factory eaton on the Zr1’s are maxed out before they are even close to redline and they start to suffocate and heat soak the motor…

When TT kits and bigger blowers start to come out for the Zr1…they will handle ungodly power.

link fail

fixed

whys it called a 705hp kit if its only making 580?? thats shit. Performance shops were getting 580rwhp out of them from a intake and dyno tune…thats it.

for example…the vette doctors got nearly 600rwhp out of a tune and headers…

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/996594-more-zr1-dyno-numbers-efilive-tune-arh-headers.html

bone stock with a little timing adjustments…

http://www.fquick.com/blog/Corvette_ZR1_gets_its_turn_on_the_dyno/2263

Hennessey sucks if they are really getting those shitty numbers with a tune,headers and pully upgrade.

all shops use crank hp number opposed to wheel numbers.

my kit is called the ECS 600, when in reality i made close to 600whp.

its a big shop that i belive warrentys all parts. so im assuming the are running the tune pigass rich to keep it safe.

Because its crank hp, my car should make 850 crank hp… am I going to run around saying that? no.

comparing dyno numbers = fail

gained 50hp and 75tq… solid gains. Wonder how much it costs.

exactly my point…

they should give a more closer to reality rating…it should be closer to the actual wheel HP IMO

yah…thats bad. They should have gained 50rwhp just from headers and a tune.

Hennessey has been doing some sketchy shit lately. I heard their customer service after a job is done is also terrible. Ripping people off, etc.

how do you figure? the zr1 is the ultimate vette. It pretty maxed out stock. Im sure its not easy trying to squeeze extra ponies out of it.

look at the links I posted above…those are just a few examples with MORE rwhp with less mods from other performance shops

but yes, the stock S/C is nearly maxed out stock…its too small for that motor.

yah I heard about that

taking motors out of other peoples cars at the shops and swapping them and selling them brand new and shit…fuck that.

vette doctors gained 40 RWHP and almost 50 RWTQ. Hennessey got 50rwhp and 75rwtq with the addition of other stuff. COmpletely unreasonable? no, but I would expect more. So little is known about the limitation of a stock zr1 to make that call yet.

you guys will never understand…YOU CAN’T COMPARE DYNO NUMBERS!!! Saying Hennessey sucks cause it didn’t hit 600rwhp when some other a-holes did by adding less mods is so fucking stupid. Hennessey could adjust the settings on rip a 700rwhp pull if they wanted to. Dyno is a tuning tool. Compare the gains, only!

i think the gains people were expecting were a lot more than what they achived.

either way i want one.

huh? u dynoed at like 515 right?

and this is a performance shop!!! all shops rate there kits at crank.

when u bought your car, what hp did Toyota rate it at? 300hp correct? ok but in reality it only made like 250whp right? well same here.

I would not go by dyno numbers.I would go by track times

agreed