2010 taurus update

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-st.html

You know, I came in here torch ready to burn this thread to the ground. I suppose it’s kind of spiffy, as long as it ends up being AWD.

so 350 hp tt V6. but 0-60 in the 6 second range??? sounds like a pig to me.

oh yeah… its a bull. nevermind.

can ford do something right again? Looks like they are on the right track.

I’m currently designing parts for the new Ford TT v6 :tup: Looks interesting

I’d post pics, but NDA say’s that’s a no no

cmon steve, a cup holder cant be classified.

lol :wink:

when you do my xbox, I’ll show ya some :tup:

ok cool, then ill copy them and sell them on ebay :slight_smile:

lol

always thought taurus wasn’t performance based… looks like a nice family car.

it has never been performance based, it just has a performance model. As mentioned in other threads that i’ve posted there is major weight reduction in store for this new model. Rumors floating around say low 3K instead of nearly 4K. between that and the extra power it should be a fun car. Too bad its so big.

damn everyone is making a sport sedan… is this trying to play to some generational gap for mid life criss guys that left off with early 70’s muscle cars?

It will be fun watching the G8 stomp all over it.

And I’m quoting this so I can search out this thread when the thing is released at 4000 lbs.

All I see is a rebadged Speed6:tdown:

The CEO said in a interview that MAJOR weight reduction is in store for the 2010 taurus. The numbers are just speculation on the forums. A few employes are hinting that it will be lighter than the previous taurus (3400lbs~) but we will see. The fusion isn’t getting the same press that the taurus is but the fusion has a 3.0 turbo coming (unreleased hp ratings) in its performance model and since the 3.0 and 3.5 are the same dementions and use the same electronics and transmission swaps will be common in a few years.

oh the lincoln MKS is still getting a 3.7L version of the 3.5 turbo

It would be great to see a lot of modern cars get put on a serious diet, but I’m not holding my breath.

Of course the new EPA regs may force them to lose a lot of weight.

:snky: sorry for the shitty pic but hey its the real thing