2011 ATCO Modern Street HEMI Shootout

I’m suprised they let ya run like that really . Normally tech says no no on that

Never had an issue. It has radials on the front.

I know , normally they won’t let ya seeing as its dangerous as hell esp if the ass comes out .

Bias ply in back+radials in front=recipe for disaster. And also, fuck drag radials.

Hahahahaha…no thanks I’ll keep them.

I forgot that they are good for just about anything other than the last two cars I’ve owned, lol. (Don’t need them on the Evo and the Vette was useless on any tire)

Problem with radials is you need to reduce the rim diameter and maintain tire height to get some sidewall…thats key. If you stick with the factory sidewall you usually wind up with a tire too stiff to hook.

Totally agreed and understandable, but the Vette would blow off M/T Drag Radials from a 70 roll on fresh pavement on a 85 degree day. Looking back, a lot of it was suspension, but the C5 platform just does not hook well in general.

My mickeys always hooked well at the track . Not on a dig pavement wise

I can do that with slicks on pavement. RWD with big hp and a light ass end is just begging for trouble no matter what tire…especially an IRS car. The suspension is not designed to transfer and if you modify it to transfer it handles like crap.

Car seems to be DEAD hooking without any tire spin. A Chirp off the line is not spinning. The car’s problem is clearly a lack of power. Times are decent for the power. When you do find more power do not run the radials in front with the slicks. I learned from experience in Eric’s s2000.

I know what dead hooking is and its with no play at all off the line. There was a lot of play/chatter/spin off the line and just about everyone was breaking lose on the 1/2 shift. Im shooting for low 11’s NA when dialed in. And that will be on a drag radial. Ultimate goal is to break the 6.1 record and i know ill eventually get there like i did with the 5.7.

Slicks usually make some noise. Obviously with only 6* of timing there is a ton of power left on the table.

Well…figured out why she couldn’t get into the 10’s…
Timing set came apart…

Holy shit!!! Everything else ok!!??

due this thing only on 4* timing running 12s imagine it on 168.6* timing it would be an 8sec car at like 192.5mph

Alex never stops. Id be mad 2 if i paid $50,000 for a 300 mile joy ride then sold it for $10,000. Good investment there.

nick wha do i have to do with what dave said…and even if i did i wouldnt feel wrong after all thats a fast car for only 4* timing
and bout my car u were close it was only 9gs