New PB at the Maximal Performance Drag Day/update streetcar shootout/UPDATE 10-5

Thanks terry, and his guys for having this.:headbang: Great time to get some seat time with my new wheel setup, I’m really with some of the numbers for the 4 full passes I think I got in. I just got this setup on my car resent, 200 miles on it, kinda crappy inspection tune Mike did for me a few days ago. It made 420whp/389wtq, thew the dana60 and a factory catback. I only printed out this page, The other pull was with a set of LS1 “241” heads I hand ported, and assembled with the stock valves in the stock valve job. Patriot gold springs, and a ported FAST 78.

Right now I have a LS6 intake I got from stry, with my stock TB I ported last year. My original stock LS1 241 heads, unported carbon on them and all, new patriot gold springs. NewEra /ed curtis StreetSweeper cam :pimp: right off the shelf specs, 236*/240* .630/612 11LSA. 5/16th 4130 pushrods, JP timming chain. 1 7/8 american racing headers, no cat Ypipe I made. SLP 2OTL catback. My old best times were 12.21 114 1.8 60’ on et streets. 12.4 @113 on my street 245 yohamas. Put down 330whp/350wtq

I had a goal, it might be able to runs some 11’s on my street wheels. And the car should trap 120. No idea on slicks ET for the 1st time, maybe fasted then the gtp was? My 28" slicks are way to big for this power, and only running 3.73s is way less then ideal. I was thinking I’d trap like 116-118 on the overkill 28" slicks. I should have like a 4:56 gear to run them NA.

Barley fit everything.

1st pass unloaded the car, street tires got in line. I didn’t get the slip, 12.0 I think it was 120.x? cool, I wasn’t driving/shifting the car hard at all. Next pass, 11.9 @121 I think neonGLH told me it was? no slip again?
Took the rears to 26psi, loosened the front shocks up.
1.969 60’ went 11.77 @121.54 :headbang:

Thought about staying with the street tire. But them emery had to show everyone he really did have stock internals busting 140’s all year. And they decided it was time removed them selfs:tantrum: Put the slicks on and was still worried they were gona rub on the car. I did some work without having to cut my bumper. So did some 1/8 passes to be sure, and I’ve never launched RWD on slicks. Got a 1.8 :tif: took it to 60mph and coated. 14.7 @61
Next pass to 80mph a 1.67 60’ 4.84 330’ I don’t remember were I let off? 7.45 1/8 mph was only 85. I slipped/dumped the clutch fast, think it bogged. I’ll see the vid.

Only full pass, I was just going to just coast end of 3rd. But said fuck it and graped 4th.
The 60 sucked I rode the clutch a little to much.
1.71 60’
7.43/95.5 1/8th
11.505 121.08 1/4

Some clunking and rubbing on the turn off, and the way back. Couldn’t find anything. The tires didn’t rub. But the 3.73 gears SUCK with a big boy slick. I was thinking of just banging the limiter at 7K and keep it in 3rd, in the run. I think I had to pull 4th 100ft before the end. Wanted to get back in line and get that 60’s down and get some low 11’s NA cam only.
I jacked the rear off the ground, and noticed spinning one wheel the other doesn’t move. Sometimes it dose a little for a 1/4 turn. Then its free spinning anyway, then grips? I think remember the true-trac Diff, the other wheels free spins on the opposite directing with a good amount or holding power. Like you can’t hold it form not turning, like a quife/torsen diff. I asked Jim, he just got one over his spool. Said his spins, the opposite. I’ll get the cover off mon. Shit making some bad noises on the way home. Might be spool 4.30 or 4:56 time, and a rear swaybar. I gave my camara to brent strong, no vids, just some pics. I’d like to see any vids or pics anyone has.

no wheelies :tantrum: some day

crazy dave made some passes after selling out of hot dogs. Not sure if this was his best but went 11.3 @123 NA against me. LME 408, Mike@ new era tune. Cars like 3950# suboxes, all the bling. busted a 10.40 on the :tspry:

Good day, except for a few casualties. That orange Camaro has some get up n go…

:tup: as much as you suck at life

Its good to see people actually put down good times with heads/cam instead of running shit times.

Emery has some indisputable proof now that his motor was indeed stock!! Chunks of stock piston and rods fresh out of the motor with everyone around to see :lol: Did a few 140+ runs before that, and a best ET of 10.2.

Turbociv set a personal best of 11.1.

Gleason, lets get up some HD video! I hope someone got a video of the wobbly grand am wheel :lol:

anyone have any pics of crazy dave. I heard he was wearing his apron while making passes :lol: I’d love to get that for the shop.

emery definately ran a 10.13 at 142 something the run prior to the motor letting go. Actually seeing that car go was fucking fantastic! Hope to see that thing out again soon! Low 9’s next year??

Congrats John!!!:headbang:
That thing moves pretty good.

some pretty good times :tup:

Oh shit it finally let go?! Might as well toss a built one in.

thanks, ya its a good start for lauching with a good tire. Cars running good for just a cam, once I get the ballz, to do some high rpm dumps should be moving right along. And I was gona order better rear swaybar today, to keep the car straiter. A spohn 4140 soild 1" great quite street, and drag bar. And there was one in stock :pimp: Put it on, and looked at the rearend it’s fine I had the car in netrual so the DS was spinning.:bloated: I wish I made more then one full pass. The noise was the catback moved, hitting tha gas tank, I guess Im scard this s60 is cursed or sotmhing. Car handles alot better now, ready for the street car shootout this weds.

i have that 1" rear sway, but i could never get the end links to agree with me. didn’t really attack the problem too much, but played with it a little. squeezed the polys and some stock bushings i had laying around out. don’t think i ever made it to the track with it. i might try to modify the ends so i can use rod end solid links with it. we’ll see.

oh yea. the links also didn’t like my torque, and this was just with street use:

Good job with just heads and cam!

Thats sucks turbo, I’ll see how mine dose.

I have stock unported heads on the car. Its got headers now from this summer.

Swaybar kicks ass :tup: I raced on stock wheels/street tires, and got down to one of the final 3 cars. In the 12.50-11.50 B/class in the streetcar shootout tonight at NYI. Big :tup: to heads up/pro tree street car racing.
Some slips I have:

1st pass 1.86 60’
11.761 @ 121.5 new PB

1.82 60’
11.63 @ 121.6

than I raced BigED on spray and beat him letting on/off in 3rd 4th. Sorry dude
ED Me
1.77 1.78:D
12.2 12.0
116 107

than some racecar red lighted the pro tree, so I coasted after 3rd. This was probably the best run? I should have ran it out, didn’t know I got the win light on his red light, thought I might brake out the 11.50. I just watched matt in the G8 go .002 under and loose.
1.79 60’ 7.5 1/8th coasted 11.8 @ 112 lol

It started getting colder, and due on the track after 10:30, street tires= :tdown: Spun 2.04 60’ 11.86 @ 121.3 still won

Semis, tires didn’t grip at all. Just got sidways like 10 feet out hitting the revlimiter at 7K. Killer 2.4 60’:cry:

Dan Mavin had his 15’s on and running good, but still dialing in a new change.
prior was dEEp in the 9’s
stry did some sweet 140+ burnouts, its scary.
Johhny5 won his class and $300 cash + other stuff I belive.

nice jonny :tup:

thanks, I can’t belive the car is this fast, with just a cam. Mike’s (new era) tune is awesome. I might put a FAST intake and bigger TB on. And I have a lead on some 215 ETheads. Car could be maybe a real 490-500whp NA LS1, I’ve got this setup down for driving good. So I might step it up. :slight_smile:

I haven’t checked UNYCGP but doug was there in his sliver gtp. I saw him run a 12.0 Still rockin a gen3 I ported for him. :tup:

are your end links and bushings pretty straight?

I haven’t checked, but probably about as strait as brent_strong is?

damn, Glesons videos are awesome

street car shootout runs (my last run is 1st)

Oh man, those end links are going to be the opposite of straight :roflpicard:

I rode in the car to and from the shootout, it feels great :tup: