2011 Explorer

I dont know if there is anything out on this. But I would love to see them throw the 5.0 in there and have it compete against the SRT8 Jeep. I would contemplate getting one if that is the case, I love the way these new explorers look.

Its like they made it a station wagon and not a truck anymore.

Think so?

He knows so.

:lol Yeh ofcourse, I forgot. Think it could keep up tho? This with the 5.0 vs. the srt8?

Yeah, iirc they changed it quite a bit and it’s more of a “crossover” vehicle. They had the 5.0’s in the older ones, so ya never know

Hate to rain on your parade but they’d need way more than the 5.0 to keep up. Love the new explorer though. Fords really doing big things.

3.5 EcoBoost needs to be in this, with the wick turned up.

Ehh… Maybe its lighter? I havent really checked up on it.

And yeh I hate ford but they’re really on top of there game. almost all the redesigned vehicles look pretty good. I should really say Hated because I’m starting to become a fan the big leap would be buying one.

x2

I’d be all over this if it had ecoboost.

They are going to offer a 4cyl ecoboost next year, but no big HP numbers.

I think a Coyote in that downsized exploder could hold its own with the SRTs. And it would probably get better mileage. Still like the Jeep better tho.

Is the Explorer set up like a rwd or is it like a fwd?

In any case the Jeep looks more bad ass

Def would crush the srt’s gas mileage.

Chevy tried it with the trailblazer ss also, and didn’t work out too well…

The Explorer would have no chance against the Jeep. The Jeep is set up with full-time AWD based on a RWD platform…the Explorer would need a complete drivetrain set up as its based on a FWD powertrain…not to mention that the Jeep would have a HUGE torque advantage.

god the new explorers are so fucking ugly

jeep>>>>>>>>>>explorer any day