they are trying to kill jeep.

Fiat platform to underpin three Jeeps

The Jeep product portfolio will undergo some major changes in the next few years, starting with the addition of a new subcompact crossover and a flagship, seven-passenger Grand Wagoneer. Still, Jeep assures the world that even with these changes, the automaker will still stand true to its off-road heritage. That seven-slat grille has to stand for something, after all.

Jeep will debut a new subcompact crossover based on a Fiat platform in late 2013 or early 2014. The B-Jeep will be designed for use in North and Latin America, and will be built alongside the Fiat 500 and Dodge Journey at the automaker’s plant in Toluca, Mexico.

Both the Compass and Patriot will be replaced in one fell swoop with a new vehicle based on Fiat’s CUSW compact crossover platform. The new Jeep will debut in 2013, likely as a 2014 model, and will be built for global markets, including North America. In speaking to Automotive News, Jeep brand CEO Michael Manley said that this vehicle would be available with both front- and all-wheel drive.

The Liberty – a vehicle left untouched in the 2011 model year product onslaught – will get a replacement in 2013. This crossover will be built on a larger version of the Compass/Patriot platform, called CUSW Plus, and will likely remain an all-wheel-drive-only affair.

Lastly, a new Grand Wagoneer is still in the works, stemming from Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne’s confirmation earlier this year. Its platform will be shared with the Dodge Durango and will be the flagship model in the Jeep lineup. Think Commander, only better. Much better.

i can’t say i like this at all. hopefully its not all fail as it reads.

Compass sucks. Patriot sucks. Commander sucked. They’ll never rid themselves of tje Wrangler and the Grand cherokee and those are what makes jeep.

+rep

making the rest of the brand sucks is not good for the few vehicles they have left, esp because after driving a new wrangler, i would go buy a used one before buying a new one.

they use to only make good/bad ass vehicles. now they make a couple good ones and a bunch of crap…

Like i said, everything besides the wrangler and grand cherokee blow. The compass, patriot, liberty, commander are all fucking gay.

I agree . The compass and patriot were horrible. I like the new liberty, probably because it is the same as the Dodge Nitro. And I liked them too. The comander with the 5.7L is pretty off road capable. Just a little top heavy. They have suspension flex like a boss tho.
I hated wranglers until they came in 4 door. I like them. And the Grand Cherokee still is designed for on road use, but is a lot mOre off road capable than the last generation.

I would have to disagree. My wife loves her liberty and I don’t mind it either. Granted I liked it better when it was smaller, but the newer style (well she has an 08) is damn nice. And although I haven’t pushed its offroad capabilities (she would physically castrate me) it seems to be pretty ballsie in the snow.

Although the rest of them do pretty much suck.

They need to bring back the Cherokee and the 4.0L

I guess theyre adapting to the market or something because apparently some people want these little pussy crossover things.
Even the Ford Explorer and Dodge Durango got their balls chopped off and turned into a car like vehicle.

They need to get rid of the 4 door Wrangler…its practically a Cherokee now, so stupid and looks retarded IMO.

eh let Jeeps die off, they all kinda suck now.

I agree with you on the 4.0. My father has that in his 2000 grand cherokee with 203k on it it still runs like it’s brand new. He loves his jeep so much he just bought a 2011 but will not get rid of the 2000

its a jeep thing

Jeep nailed it with their old 4.0L. They need to figure out wtf went wrong.

This.

My old Cherokee Sport had the inline 6, thing was a beast, Jeeps only downside back then were there cast exhaust manifolds were famous for cracking.

This

Good friend has a 4.0 that he got close to new. He can’t kill the thing, and I always bust on him for not getting a new one. Has to have almost 200k.

Only complaint I have about new jeeps is their pricetags now. The new srt8 Cherokee is over 60k with panoramic roof and logic 7 sound. I’m definately going to get one, can’t wait to let someone take the hit on that.

Yup my GF has a 99 with the 4.0 has about 160k on it and the motor runs great. The body is startin to rust but mechanically its awesome.

Yeah his has some rust on the rockers but thats about it. He said the body will probably rot away before the motor blows. He said he would like to see 250-300k out of it

New: $60K

Used $38K next year.