Recommend a vehicle for my fiance

Right now she has an '04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition with just under 80,000 miles on it. We’re really not happy with the quality of it and have become concerned with reliability. She walks to work, so commuting is not an issue, but she travels long distances for rugby games - 2 weeks ago they were in Cortland, over the summer we went to Saranac, they had a game in Michigan, etc. A month ago I had to completely rebuild the rear axle due to a wiped pinion bearing, prior to that the rear brakes had to be completely rebuilt, prior to that I rebuilt the front brakes…twice. Nothing was covered under warranty…FU Chrysler. We have decided to never buy another Jeep vehicle (this is really tough for me since I own a Willys). Additionally, the whole vehicle seems to be made of plastic and the fit and finish is terrible. It just screams of cheap imo.
Anyway, right now, her car is running, looking, and driving just fine, so this seems to be a good time to sell it and upgrade. She needs a vehicle that seats 4, has 4 wheel drive, and is American made. Other than that the options are open. We’ve actually been looking at older Dodge Cummins trucks (I have one and the reliability is top notch) just as an example. I’m just interested in what everyone else has to say on the topic. Go…

I wouldnt go and say that jeeps are all crap. The liberty is a Chrysler designed jeep, wranglers and Cherokees are much better quality

why does it have to be an amricqn car? A Honda crv sounds like a perfect car for her, my mom loves hers

i like Tahoes and Yukons. always have been a big fan of those suv’s. i had a 1999 Tahoe before and loved the truck. it was a beast in the snow and drove awsome. just my 2 cents

I also forgot to add, that since she drives long distances, whatever she gets needs to get good mileage, hence the interest in the Cummins. I think the Tahoe and Yukon are out just because of mileage.

They’re so big though. Such bad Mpgs too

so why no imports

i loved my grand cherokee when i had it. The interior was not plastic junk at all…

+2 to the CRV. Honestly it’s the only small SUV I’d buy because it doesn’t feel cheap.

There are some Pontiac Vibes that are AWD. Not an american car per say, but a good one.

Agreed, or a RAV4 too.

My wife has a 1998 grand cherokee with 170k on it and it is very reliable.The most we have done it it is a water pump,brakes,tires,normal wear items.Any car can have problems,and by the sound of it the things that you have done to your jeep are minor.I dont think there is any car or truck i could recommend that wouldnt have any.problems.They all have there own issues.And i dont think the is a car made without a ton of plastic parts.

optioned out CRV or Pilot ftw

having resale value is always a plus

There is a huge difference in build quality between libertys and cherokees

New Equinox with a 4 cyl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-ALL-NEW-Equinox-All-Wheel-Drive-29-MPG-Highway_W0QQitemZ270483431551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3efa11a07f

Pilot would be my choice…

+1, price of ponicac, quality of toyota!!

BALLLIIINNNNNNN

+100 on the crv

just picked up a 98 with 90,000 miles for my gf for 4500 (was a steal imo)

averages 25mpg highway, 4 door, awd and crazy reliable

the newer models are even nicer with a 2.4L k series motor and the motors/transmissions are dirt cheap if anything ever happens (also are chain driven so require less maintenance)

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2008/12/31/256/692/10004702672.256692783.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Bam 6.2L diesel

GMC terrain

+584 for crv. i love mine.