2011 Woodward Dream Cruise

Anyone coming out this year?

The cruises are already going strong and I threw my woodward decal on last night.

From those who don’t know:

Nelson House, a plumber from Ferndale, initiated the idea for the cruise in 1994 to help raise money for a children’s soccer field in his community.
Organizers initially expected 30,000 or 40,000 people to come to the August 19, 1995 inaugural cruise on Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, Pleasant Ridge, Berkley, Huntington Woods, Royal Oak and Birmingham. About 250,000 actually showed up.
Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing about 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe.

If you are a car guy then this has to be on your bucket list. Also it is not just classics, but plenty of current and exotics.

I want to go to this someday.

I planned a trip there a few years ago, but only a handful of guys actually went. It was fun though :tup:

Yeah I remember that, I think it was 2008. I had just sold my car last year so I didn’t spend much time there. Definitely planning on making a weekend of it this year. Also a truck and NASCAR race here the same weekend I believe. If people are looking for other reasons to make the trip out.
Funny on my way into work I got 2 thumbs up, one of which was a cute girl who took the time to roll down her window to do so. So I guess my car just needs more stickers.