2012 BMW M5

OK fine, with GMS I’ll take a CTS-V and an Acadia instead. Better? :stuck_out_tongue:

pass.

That rear shot that BigRon posted is extremely attractive.

That’s hot…I wish the wheels were smaller though (I am sure I am the only one who thinks that)

my car only has 3… one on the rear trunk and one in each fender grill…

not really THAT many… and ill be ditching the fender grill ones soon enough anyways…

I wouldnt call my car flashy at all… 99% of people have NO idea what it is… and i like that…

My m3 on the other hand was pretty in your face which got tiring after a while

I love bmw but I would rather buy 2 or 3 nice sports cars over one sedan? What do these things cost anyway 100k…110k…120k?

But hey, you’re only 20k off :roll2:

If I was a pharmaceutical sales rep (or similar) I’d buy one in a second and it would be perfect.

Like i have ever seen one at a dealer with that as the final sticker price. :roll2:

Anyhow it isn’t a matter of value of this over other cars anyhow in this market if you ask me. If you are spending 100k(ok 85msrp to appease MPD!) on something you know will be worth 50k in a few short years odds are value is not your objective. Either way…I would drive it. :slight_smile:

Ok…it’s boring, it’s big and it will prob only come with SMG…but it has a twin-turbo V8. We’ve all seen what a simple software reflash can do to the 335/135. Now imagine similar horsepower gains applied to this engine…

But so can the other cars that it competes with

once they are optioned with anything they usually are ~ 90-100k…

the other cars it competes with do not pull gains like tunes and downpipes do on the bmw’s. The gains are absurd on these things.

I don’t know, I have heard some good things about AMGs and Bi Turbo Audi’s.

If you were a pharma rep you wouldn’t be buying your own car, you’d have a lovely leased company car to tool around in. Not sure how 50k miles/yr in an M5 would be the awesomest.

Yeah I’ve got a friend who does this. They give her a Ford Fusion.

Besides, theblue, you probably aren’t pretty enough to be a pharm sales rep

I would be suprised if these numbers don’t get tweaked before the launch. The current M5 0-60 is 4.5 correct?

I know I am breaking my own rules but:
The manual V goes 191 and auto is limited to 175
Also, a 0-60 time at sub 4 seconds

I just figured the new M5 would leap frog the old M5 a bit more, with 5 years between the model years.

It’s a fucking family sedan. How much faster can it go?

I don’t know, the V10 is a beautiful engine. I was hoping that the replacement would be as impressive. But BMW just threw a truck motor in the thing.

IBpointyelbows