2012 BMW M5

I really like it. I like the subtle look though.

lol +1 But I will get another one with 50k im a low mile guy.

BASTARD!

Mine is a 2001 and I am super obsessed with it. I would recommend everyone own one as a daily driver. I have 27k miles on it since i bought it and it has treated me great!

Fixed :wink:

Big, car looks very large. Could easily confuse it for the 7 series. I’m sure it goes like stink but, not my style. I also thought the e39 was the best version. After that they just look bloated.

rather have a m3

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/06/02-f10-630.jpg

BMW 5 Series M Sport Package

Looks like a bloated 3 series. Maybe the actual m5 will look better.

not really feeling it either

the m5 should have wider fenders and a more aggressive bumper

yea, it doesnt look very ///M-ish

Motor Trend is reporting that the next-generation M5 will be offered exclusively with an eight-speed automatic.

When the 2012 BMW M5 goes on sale, it will be powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8 with direct injection. Motor Trend reports that BMW apparently tried to mate its M DCT transmission to this powerplant, a less-powerful version of which is used in both the X5 M and X6 M. The latest reports state that the 2012 M5 will produce over 550 horsepower, and while there’s no word about what sort of torque numbers will be on tap, it’s obviously too high to be handled by the M DCT unit. Presumably, the eight-speed autobox in question is the ZF unit that’s spreading like kudzu throughout the automaker’s lineup, and at least we know it to be a very agreeable and quick-shifting unit.

we’ll see about that… BMW USA marketing LOL’d at them last time and we got a six speed in the end because of American demand.

I can agree with that.
For me, it’s too round.
I def prefer a more boxy look, with definitive lines.
This goes for most cars with me.

And the car with a 6 speed is AWFUL compared to the SMG car. Gear ratios are all fucked up.

I’ll believe that… plus I’m totally hooked on my DSG A3 so I’d prefer the SMG/DCT on pretty much any street car.

i am soo over luxery sport sedans in manual gearbox’s. Not that i will ever be able to afford this new m5 but my next vehicle will be automatic.

automatics suck… hopefully within a few years the traditional automatic will be gone forever.

I <3 Auto.

I’ve never driven a GOOD paddle-shift style car, but I definitely think that I would find a traditional auto to be boring. I wouldn’t mind it in a more basic DD, but I wouldn’t tolerate it in an M car.

Since you generalized with luxury sedan:
Not that I am comparing the two vehicles because the M5 is far superior, but in the CTS-V the auto sucks compared to the MT6 in the reviews I have read.
I have only test driven the manual so no real comparison.

so the consensus is, no one likes the new M5 because it’s boring looking and SMG vs. manual is still a debate? These aren’t even good speculations on the style…there’s real pics actually out and they look anything but “boring”.

but then again the CTS-V is like, the best car ever on here with the most gaudy chrome trim on every panel (still like the car to a degree nonetheless).

yeah, the 550i does look boring, because that’s the picture originally posted. if you want a gaudy car, buy a Benz :slight_smile:

I have faith in the new M5 being a beast. I probably won’t buy it (don’t think next car will be a sedan) but the M division always raises the bar, each and every time, style being objective. I didn’t like the last M3 after test driving it because compared to my E46 M3 at the time it didn’t feel “special” enough, but it still out-did the old one in a respectable manner. It just didn’t feel worth 50K to me when I could have gotten a car with a V10 for the same price…now that the V10 is gone I’ll probably end up looking elsewhere…we’ll see.

ps. I hear Ceramic brakes will be an option too :slight_smile: