2012 NFL Draft

Since the NFL Draft is tonight, I figured I’d start a topic discussing what players you think your favorite team is going after and potential surprise trades you can forsee going down in the draft tonight.

I’m a huge Redskins fan so it’s a 99.9% certainty that we are picking RG3 in the draft tonight. I can’t say I’ve ever been this excited about a draft because for the first time in 20 years the Redskins will have a potential franchise quarterback at the helm. I’m already setting aside some cash to make it down to Maryland for the first Redskins home opener in week three (this will be the third year in a row I’ve been to the home opener). I feel very confident that for the first time in a long time the Redskins are headed in the right direction under Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan. I would be satisfied with a 7-9 or 8-8 record this year with RG3 at the helm, but will be absolutely furious if they decide to give him time to learn the offense which in turn will force Rex Grossman to start for us again :ohnoes

I’ve heard rumors that the Jets might make a move into the top 10 to get Trent Richardson from Bama (he’s a beast!), Buffalo might be moving up into the top 5-10 to get the #1 OT in the draft Matt Kalil if he falls below Minnesota.

So, what are your thoughts?

I have no idea who my Giants are going to take. Not too worried about it coming off a Superbowl.

Bills have been rumored with everyone it seems like. Barrow the safety is the one I heard linked with them the most. To get Kalil I think they will have to get into the top 5 which is going to be tough to do.

Trent Richardson is going to go #3 or #4 IMO. Browns do not pass on him and the Jets will have to trade into the top 5 to get him as well.

RGIII makes me nervous of the Redskins some, because like you said they have not had a QB since LT broke theisman’s leg in half.

RGIII makes me hopeful. I just hope he’s a quick learner and willing to stay with the team. They need a QB they can keep for more than 2-3 seasons.

I’m glad the Jets didn’t trade for Richardson. I’m okay with Greene with a decent offense. Schotty was terrible and the offensive line (RT) didn’t help. Good luck to the Rams.

That being said, I hope the kids they got pans out and isn’t Vernon Gholston v2.0.

I’d be concerned. They have no decent tight ends that will be available come week 1. If and when they are available they will have missed all training. During FA they lost a LOT and gained NOTHING. During the season they were mediocre at best with injuries showing the little depth they had which means the people they lost will leave a big dent.

Martelles Bennett and Jake Ballard at TE. Add in RB depth. Tyrell Thomas will be back. Prince should have half a clue at corner. We are still weak at LB but that seems like the case every year. Especially in the two super bowl winning years. Like I said not worried. It is about getting to the QB for the Giants and they can do that.

I am not sure what to think of the Wilson pick, I was hoping they went OL there.

:banghead Bennetts been a bust. Ballard and his back up coming off ACL tears might not even be ready by week 1. Good luck with that. Little RB depth, little depth at WR asside from the starters. Little depth on defense. thats the dumbest explanation ive read. Did you see how shitty the giants were with injuries last season early. now they have less help. Why are you giants fans all so stupid. Couch Quarterback central.

Those Lombardi trophies show the Giants have been awful. There is a 90% chance you like the Cowboys with those statements.

That little bit of depth at WR and no depth at TE was good enough to win a Superbowl…

Man…Jets are actually doing really good this draft. I’m happy.

Just want them to get a RT…but I guess that’ll have to come in another way. Don’t see a 6th round RT makin any difference right away.

I am very interested to see what the Jets QB situation turns into this coming year. Going to be a very exciting year. Although, that is every year with the NFL.

Can you not fucking read. You have no more wr depth you let it waltz away in free agency and not address shit other the picking up a washed up te. Because they’ll be lucky to get the ones you had last year backer by week 4 of the regular season.

Bucs got Barron, Doug Martin and Lavonte David… Prolly one of the best drafting teams so far, atleast thats what the pro’s are saying as well.

what dont you understand, jvg is pointing out youll have even less depth than last year…

do you retard giant fans forget that you backed into the playoffs in the first place!?

:pop

Bucs had a very good draft. Colts did well but considering they have holes every where they still have a long road ahead. What dumb GM takes a punter in round 3. :ahh