2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

From what I hear the 6.2L is just a de-stroked 6.4L. Something like a forged 5.7L Hemi crank in the 6.4L bock to give better properties for a boosted motor.

The best thing to do would be buy one from a dealer that has a lifetime engine warrantee and just tract it with slicks all the time.

Dual Hellcat burnouts:

https://youtu.be/Regbt75Dt5g

10.86s @ 126MPH

I figured it would trap higher and run 11s interesting

So is this the quickest/fastest american/muscle car ever built? I honeslty dont see this being sold under $100k if its faster than the $150k viper

• Updated - - -

This is kind of like the new age grand national vs. vette if it is indeed priced less and quicker than the viper

It better be under 75K, no one will buy it at 100K…

It is the most powerful. Won’t be fastest/quickest since it weighs too much. My guess it will be around $75k in-line with the Z28 with similar production numbers.

I heard the Hellcat will be $59,900 and that they are also going to offer the 392 HEMI in the regular Challenger R/T. Not sure how valid the rumor is, but it makes sense. Basically in order to get the 392 HEMI you had to pay up and order the SRT8 Challenger for '13 and '14. The 392 HEMI is nasty at 485hp.

$59k would be cheap

I wish $59k… My hope is 65-70, I think it’ll be 70-75… We should find out soon, pre orders are suppose to be summer '14.

I doubt they will crack that 60k nut, but wouldn’t it be amazing if they did.

Does 10.8 in the 1/4? the 8 speed shifts real hard and real fast from what I hear…

Edit
on drag radials, 11.2 on p-zeros

I wonder what this tank weighs 125-126 with 700hp seems a touch low

yea considering the zr1 does what 133-135?

Probably about 4000lbs.

Can’t wait to see what Chevy comes out with next. I need me a stock/reliable summer whip that can run 10s!!! @BigRon find out what is in the works!!! Has to be something

Then I will spray it. lol

:xz:

:tspry:

i have very few eyes/ears inside GM engineering. From what I’m hearing TT V8 in a lighter weight chassis.

A grand national would be cool right about now