24 Hours of Le Mans Z51 Commemorative Edition package

my name is Brandon Bills new on the fourm, i am also a member of 518carscene.com picked up my vette about a month ago its a work in progress.

just installed, maganflow catback exhaust, underdrive pullies, vararam intake, low temp thermostate, and a dyno tune by northeast speed shop.

Welcome!

What number did you put down after the dyno tune?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc34/dragonblee79/2-4.jpg

tq was 385 but also went down as temps went up.

Nice man. Looks good!

Welcome and awesome choice in color.

welcome, love the color and the targa!!!

Brandon’s finally on Shift.

yeah i figured its about time, gives me something else to do at work.

Now we almost have as many Corvette’s as Honda’s on the forum, yayyyy

pricing headers and cats this weekend.

Nice! Check out my build thread. I just put 1 3/4" Dynatech LT’s with a catless xpipe on.

From post #50 down there is video for sound and install pics with some details.

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=3277

Shift 518 Corvette meet soon? lolz

think i might go american racing

Lol. Nice vette!

Alright, I am trying not to be a dick here… but those numbers are way high. These numbers are in “bolt on” Z06 range, I wouldn’t trust them at all. I’d say they are off by about 14-15%. What dyno do they use?

Again, don’t take it the wrong way… I wasn’t trying to be a dick.

Base numbers were 312hp/317tq…that’s spot on. I don’t see why the base numbers would be on, but modded runs would read high. All runs were on the same dyno on the same day. I’ve driven the car before and after…I trust the numbers.

You aren’t picking up 67whp on a stock car from tuning, sorry. LS1’s are a motor that I know very well, and while they are very capable with minor mods, this is just outlandish.

If you said it had the GM hotcam, or maybe a z06 cam with full bolt-ons I would believe it.

Get it to the track, post some traps… that will reveal the truth.

if you read the first post its not just a tune i added other parts on the car, and i have seen other vetts gain up to 80 horse on similar mods, all i can do is go by what the dyno told me, they are all off over/under alittle i am sorry my numbers upset you so much lol.

i also love the use of the word outlandish, it almost worked here except for the fact its the truth, and as for the track times, hp does not always mean better track times, driver also comes into play there. and i was at a track a few weekends ago started at a 1:28.xxx ended up at the end of the day with a 1:18.184 so my hp numbers must be off the chart according to you. The whole statement you posted makes no sense “ohhh shit son you ran 12 sac 1/4 mile you must have 02834720394820394e209384203 9482 hp” really? I have no reason to post up anything but my own cars numbers because i really don’t care, end of story.

and if the ls1 from your 99 is what you know, there is a large difference in performance from a 1999 ls1 and a 2004 ls1, did not know if you knew that?