240 is getting a new coat

this weekend we are going to start getting the car ready for paint, i am going to do a color change i am going for the PPG Solar yellow that i have on it now, with the signal auto graphics, and i am going with a cleaner none ricey look, car is going the 350z lemans sunset copper and we are adding a yellow pearl to it. no graphics will touch it this time. i will have progess pics as the car get torn down and stripped. i hope to have it painted and back on the road before may first, pics soon to come

i will be honest with you… the copper color on an s13 looks like crap.
There is a 240 in my town painted that color makes me want to loose my lunch

^Can I have your launch

PiX piX pix

Post pictures when its done :slight_smile:

i will post pics when its is done dont worry

You really like that sunset orange?

are you going to break it up at all with say a satin black roof/a-pillars/mirrors?

and isn’t that a metallic colour? and you are going to add a pearl as well?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/420000-420999/420986_72_full.jpg

http://forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=5184

^this is an example of what I am talking about breaking up the colour.

Darian, you just love showing off your old s13!

dude I grabbed that in 1999, and I still love that 2001 Saturn Terragone green (silver green metallic)

But moreso I use the pic to Illustrate that “less is more”, in that had the roof been green that thing would have looked horrible. (to some it may look horrible now.)

It takes some balls to drop the cash on a paint job when you have no idea how the car will wear it.

And no offence, but if my S13 were “Yellow” You wouldn’t find a pic of it anywhere

A truely hot car will look good in any colour.

There are lots of oem metallic paint colours with pearl in them, they just don’t go crazy overboard.

ya well thanks for the comment i guess, and i like the yellow but im ready for a change, i have pics of the S13 in the 350 copper and i like it. to each there own. as for the black roof i am thinking of painting it black, but im not decided yet. i have a carbon hood on it now so black may look good with the paint, and yes the sunset orange paint does have a factory pearl/metalic in it but we are making it more yellow so the paint color will change in the different light. i like that color green on the other 240 aswell. the reason i am thinking of doing the roof body color is to be differnt cause every 240 you see with a re spray has been painted black.
i will have pics up when it gets sprayed

Black roof lines/a-pillars/hood/mirrors will look wicked on ANY hatch against any two-tone color on the bottom. Its just the way the s13 is man.

im glad u doing something u like … dont be swayed by other ppls views its ur car… DO the paint job :slight_smile:

and yes if ur car is hot… it doesnt matter what color it is…

Why do you guys keep calling S13 hot? What are you guys smoking?

But let’s see the pics?

And S13 need 3 colour or more too look even close to being good. Multi-colour or bust haha.

But thier right an S13 will look sick no matter, what color it is =)

It looks a little better (body colour roof) on a slicktop than a sunroof model

Haha, you talking about one fender one color, the other door a different color and one more color on the hatch?

haha j/k tyler…

damm stop painting the a pillars and roofs black…that was sooo 2001

That’s true, but this is son. In order to paint their roofs and a pillars black, they had to save up for quite some time.

That’s what a real car is sposed to look like! haha.

2001 meet 2007, it still looks pretty good, as opposed to?

-Matt