240sx towing capacity

Do you think a KA powered S13 could pull a 2000lbs trailer?

im sure it can pull at 10000lb trailer… at what speed and acceleration iunno. :wink: I wouldn’t do it.

…Im sure you could do it…but it would be hella hard on the car…and you wouldnt be getting into 5th on the highway…or over 100km/h very easily.

If you had an SR, it should be able to tow around 20,000lbs I believe. I am not sure about the KA though.

lol i can pull a car with my bare hands, and so can you if teach you my ninja skills.

just the trailer? I don’t see an issue with that and I doubt you would have a hard time on the highway… The only issue I see would be the clutch possibly slipping and the trailing is definitely going to pull you around a lot on an uneven road.

thats relatively close the same same power:weight ratio as my old tercel was (4800@155hp vs. 2400@60hp) - it was able to pull to about 155klm/h on a flat highway. so I’m sure that you easily drive in 4th gear at 100km/h without issue.

Well seeing as the KA is a truck motor, i’d expect it to tow at least double that.

No I don’t think so.

1000 at most.

200 pound tongue weight (weight of trailer acting on hitch). Buddy 200 pounds is a lot. 200 pound weight is 6440 pound-force @ 1g. at 0.5g you’re at 3220 pound-force. 200 pound weight is nothing, but when its heaving up and down in the road it’s a lot, even at 0.1g you’re already at 644 pound-force. 1g is 32.2 feet/sec^2. Can YOU hold a 200 pound weight standing still. Now hold the same weight and jump off the roof of your car and see if your arms rip off of your shoulders.

You also have to think of the fact that when you brake, your front brakes is pushing the S13 @ 2600 pounds plus the trailer at 2000 pounds? Again 4600 * 32.2=148120 pound-force. Divided by 60% of that goes to the front tires, 40% goes to the back. Thats 88872 pound-force at the front and 59248 pound-force at the rear tires.

Take 88872 and divide it by 2. Now you got 44436 pound-force on EACH front tire, divide that again by 32.2 and you get 1380 pound weight. Now look on the side of your tire, what’s the max weight it can hold.

ON TOP OF THE FACT that any manufacture listed towing capacities listed when the vehicle is made would not measure up the same when the vehicle is say 5, 10, 15 years old. Would you pull a tri-axle Airstream down the road w/a 1983 Suburban?

Are you still in school… :expressionless: holly fuck

No not anymore, but Mechanical Engineering is what I eat, shit, work at, think, and dream; next to girl-on-girl action and cars…

Your my new hero… Lmfao!