240SX Track day Car

Hey everyone! I just wanted to start a build thread on my new race car. its a 1991 240sx hatchback. Basically I just wanted a home to show pics and get tips/tricks/etc from my other Nissan fans about how to go about building this bad boy. FOR NOW, I’m starting off with a fresh KA24DE swap, and the car is currently Automatic so its going to be getting the 5 speed treatment as well. Special thank you to rheddrahgon for the new engine tranny and pretty much all other stock parts needed for the swap.

I do work for Northside Mitsubishi now, But my second job is at an internet cafe in Clairview. I think I’ve convinced my boss into SOME kind of sponsor ship of the track car so don’t be surprised if when it makes it to the track its going to be called the “Absolute Power Gaming Centers” 240sx. :wink: don’t worry tho i’ll makes sure i get the NECC logo on there too…

I don’t think the car will be making its first appearance at the October auto X, I get the feeling it wont be till the spring. ANYWAY it all starts here. here’s a couple “NOW” pictures and ill keep this updated as much as possible as I go!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3111/racecarkq5.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6231/dam026zz2.jpg

Cheers for now!

oh and PS: there will probably be a surplus of interior parts to anyone who needs something as im gutting the interior for a cage :slight_smile:

Scott

Can’t see the pics…

You baught that red FC in Calgary right?

MOVED… Welcome back to the Nissan world scott

Thanks man!

And that’s not my old red FC, however Yes i did buy one from Calgary. someone offered me over twice what i paid for it so i sold it about 3 or 4 months after i got it. I heard he was pulled over and the car was impounded for no registration/insurance and no clue what happened after that… kind of a waste if u ask me.

I have a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 that i daily drive till next spring and then I’d like to up to some sort of convertible. Still deciding what to get … 350Z Roadster, S2K, Eclipse Spyder are the three im kinda going for. Maybe a BMW of some kind…

May have to buy a truck to haul the track car around on. :stuck_out_tongue:

I sold you that FC…Damn I miss that little car lol

yea it was a fun car… kinda wish i didnt sell it to the tard… lol :slight_smile:

UPDATE 1

so my “track car” is pretty much just straight up turning into a drift car, as its what I want to do 90% of the time… ill still bring to auto X days but… it’ll just be for the fun of getting out on the track :stuck_out_tongue:

Mission number 1: Sweet race car style center console… thing…

this is as close as i can find to what i plan on doing, but it wont look as messy as this or as ugly…

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6794/p00008mo5.jpg
I bought a push button start
10 toggle switches (use as many as needed…)
PUSH/PULL on off switch for a KILL switch
big ass on off switch for my fuel pump…
I’m trying to find Aircraft style pop breakers

I’m going to build a box to mount and have all my controls right at my finger tips.

anyone want any interior pieces yet?

I was looking the NICO club forums and found this:

http://twistmachine.com/shopping/ind...59b9ea55d5e844

Now, First off its my opinion that almost everyone is bias that 5 speed is the way to go with drifting (and cars in general), however this route looks like a unique and interesting way to go about things.

Now, my questions are: Do any of you have experience with drifting automatics? Is ALL the work of a 5 speed transmission really worth it over paddle shifters? I’m used to drifting 5 speed, so I know I would be happy with doing the 5 speed swap. That said, I think it could be fun to drive with paddle shifters, but I just don’t know how it would affect getting sideways, And that’s the real goal.

if its not well i have a 5 speed coming anyway just thought this might save me the time of swapping the transmission.

thanks for any advice.

–Scott

No.

LOL okay yea … 5 speed i think its gonna be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

how can you think that cars interior looks ugly? your building a race car arnt you?? i would say a painless wiring kit and accessible fuses/relays is pretty damn good looking if i was building a race car.

well when you see the way i build mine then you can say it looks ugly and ill just understand that some race cars look better to some people than others…

:stuck_out_tongue:

that said i AM looking for one of those long universal fuse holders that he has if anyone knows where i can find one. Also looking for a drift button for my e-brake

no big updates this week… I bought a few Autometer gauges, still have to get a couple more… mainly being the fuel gauge. its Ultra-lite series if anyone has one :slight_smile: Also still looking for one of those long universal fuse holders that he has if anyone knows where i can find one. Also looking for a drift button for my e-brake

i did however,i build my sweet ass computer chair out of an old ractive racing seat and fairly new office chair bottom… had to get a custom adapter plate made for it but thankfully I’m good buddies with someone who was able to help me out. I’ll post some pics of it later i haven’t taken any right now.

Hurrayyyy it was to dark for pictures, however THE ENGINE HAS ARRIVED!

KA24DE 5 speed swap … to turbo or not to turbo that is the question… haha

oh guess you guys might enjoy seeing my office chair… i finally took a picture…

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/238/sspx0080hq0.jpg

and here’s the plate i had to get made to mount the seat to the office chair bottom:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5962/sspx0078fq5.jpg

sorry bout the shitty quality… yay for cellphone pics…

I don’t get it you are worried about making a track interior? when you have a stock Auto KA’d car? how about engine or 5 speed swap and some suspension before you worry about pretty track interior

you obviously didn’t read the thread… I have a newer KA to swap (as it has one thats in need of a rebuild)… I have a 5 speed swap…(as of this past sunday night thanks to stephan) and I have parts to make the interior into a track car interior… I’m even starting to look for turbo parts for the KA in the garage.

Yeah but coilovers some bigger wheels and good tires are a way bigger mod than gauges. You do what you want my first mods were body kit lol.

i understand your point, however this isnt a daily driver by any means and spending 1500 dollars on suspention isnt in the cards right now… coil overs are on the list… however i have until the spring to save up to buy some… I’m just listing what I’ve got on the go… and I just so happen to have my new KA and 5 speed swap… and some gauges etc for the interior while i fab up my center console box.