245/45/17 on 7 inch rim?

i have a 245/45/17 on a 17x7 inch rim…min requirement for this wide of a tire is 17x7.5…How dangerous is this and will i be okay?

you already died

Won’t a tire on too narrow of a rim suffer from cupping? Not something I would do…

just do it already

I vote no. The most I’d put on a 7" wide wheel is a 225. Hell, I’m on an 8" wide wheel running 225’s (Subaru).

thats a a fairly tall tire too, what is this going on? 245/45/17 is 26.2inch tall… do a 235/40/17 the profile is about 25inches and will fit on a 7 no problem. if you want a 245, go atleast a 7.5" wheel.

you will implode as soon as u move the car.

haha i took it for a ride and it seemed fine.I even did some cornering and got the tires warm.The tire does not look bulged at all. It looks perfect. Guess they gotta go…Anyone want some cheap 245/45/17’s? lol

its already done

WTF car is this on? What tire is this, brand and type. Just becasue the size on the sidewall is the same on tire A and tire B, doesnt mean they are going to be the same wheel requirements.

First hand example: 18X9 rim I had on my truck. ran ad Nitto NT555 255x40. fit perfect. Next tire I tried on the same wheel was some other thing I cant think off the top of my head. But it was cheaper and I was just throwing treads on them to sell them. Same 255X40 and bead was way the fuck inside the wheel, and the tread actuall tread width was alot narrower, it looked like a stretched VW wheel/tire. come to think of it, I think they were about .75" off on the rec. wheel width too. post a pic and we can help you out better.

It they are stretched, ie, small width tire on a wide ass rim, the center will wear faster than the edges… kind of like being over inflaited. If the tire is too wide for a wheel, the edges will wear out faster, kind of like being under inflaited.

its an 03 mazda6 sport…245’s are dunlop sp’s…ill post some pics later

i put 245/45/18 on an 8" wheel and it looked like this, i can only imagine how goofy it would look on a 7’’ wheel

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/kramerbuccs24/Altima%20SE-R/f410a507.jpg

the funny thing is i dont have a bulge close to that…it was dark when i got outta work so pics tomorrow

too much?

top tire is 7inch rim and bottom is same tire on a wider rim

your tires must run a bit narrow then, i know the SP sport maxx’s in that pic were a little wide (performance tires)

They actually look fine from the pics. Put them on and put the proper air pressure in for your cars weight… can drive it easy for about a mile. try not to corner too hard, and pull over and look at the scuffs on the tread width. make sure they arent checking or looking funny around the venter of the tread. I based on those pics, those tires must run narrow. I say rock them and you should be in good shape.

thats what im saying…I only need them to last till i put some snows on it