235/40/17's on 7" wheels?

im looking to stick the widest rubber i can under my tiburon’s fronts that i can… i think 235 is gonan be about it, i have 7" wide wheels now… can i get em on there?

you are definatly puhing it there. 235 would be a safe bet. i mean they will fit but i dunno how safely

so ur saying it will fit?

i’ve got 235/40’s on an 18 inch wheel that is 7 inches wide…so I wouldnt see why that wouldnt work for you.

edit

are u sure its not 7.5?

it’ll fit…bryan to you remember the rear tires on the 240 i was driving last summer? that was 255’s on a 7" wide rim haha

nope…stock wheel…stamped 18x7 right on it…looks quite good actually…

Yep. DSM’ers do it all the time. You do get a bit of handling loss due to sidewall roll, but it works great in a straight line. It also depends on what tire you run…not all 235’s fit exactly the same.

I love when I see these types of posts. You put all the money into a vehicle and then put its handling in jeopardy.

Most tire manufacturers recommend a specific range of rim widths, because that is the width their analysis indicates will allow the tire will perform within their specifications. Using a rim outside the recommended range might increase flexing and wear on the carcass, increase running temperatures, accelerate component breakdown, reduce tread life or reduce traction and stability. Most of these would not be visible or easilly evaluated by the average person.

Just let us know how long the tire lasts and when it blows out due to the increased tire temperatures and decreased wear.

tirerack.com will tell u which rim size they recommend if they sell that particular tire