2JZGTE in GS300, know anyone who's done it?

What’s a rear sump?

Can I get a motorset from Japan Direct or is the whole clip recommended?

I’m thinking of leaving it auto for now, 5/6spd is a bit more work and $ for parts.

I’ve heard of Doctor Tweak, did you guys send him your harness? I don’t really feel comfortable with sending my 1 and only harness and have major downtime.

Moe from Japan Direct said he knows someone who did his wiring locally, so I’ll have to inquire.

rear sump( rear oil pan) you could get a front sump oil pan or rear, get the rear. The harness just needs to be extended, you can do it yourself it will take alot of time.

by looking at the oil pan you can see if its rear sump or front sump, prety much the part of the oil pan that is the lowest will be at the front or the back.

What are the benefits of a rear sump as opposed to front sump? More ground clearance?

Looking at the 98’+ 2JZGTE VVTi…not sure if that’s front or rear.

no benefits, just to clear the cross member

rear is better as front may interfere with sway bar.

Also stay away from VVTI hard to tune

correction!!! for the gs300 you MUST use the front sum oilpan out of the aristo. so in other words just buy an aristo motor…if you go 1j you will need the motor out of a chaser.

the 98+ jz motors with vvti will only benefit you if you got a 98+ gs300 as the wiring is more compatible.if you got an older gs STAY AWAY from it.

IF you keep it auto EVERYTHING is bolt on and plug n play. just the harness got to be extended since the gs is left hand drive.

other than that you just gotto put in a tt supra throttle cable, and jumper a resister in the cluster for the tach to read correctly…

keez the 1j in the cress is alot more involved,…again heavy car small displacement motor!make sure you get the right motor mounts and motor mount brackets.

im pretty sure you also need the front sum oilpan as well as the cressida`s got the same chassis as a chaser.

this sounds promising heh

That maybe be the case if you’re trying to achieve high HP like 600hp+, i only want a conservative 350-400whp. Although, I’ve seen many VVTi 2JZ pushing 500ish on Club Lexus.

Also, NON-VVTI, you need to run 2 ECUs which is a hassle.

wouldn’t it be easier to get a galf cut from the aristo…that ways you get the harness and all the necessary parts…

You get an uncut wire harness from a 2JZGTE motorset as well.

With the motorset you have everything, front clip you just get extra parts like suspension, body panels and lights.

Motorset is 2gs, front clip is 3gs.

I could use that 1g for a 1.5way, rims, or coils. Still debating which route I should go though.

ill install it!!! lol and ya i wouldnt go with vvti just bs but if u want someone i know someone that can do it all for you if u really want yo dirty slut.
also 300-400 is never enough! you think its enough!!

Its not a problem to tune or make big power on the vvti motors…
also
on the non vvti motors you DO NOT need to run 2 ecu`s lol. you only use 1!!! the ecu for the automatic supras/aristos does both motor and tranny duties.

^^ Why do you guys say VVT-i is bad then?

I’m pretty sure you have to run 2 ECUs.

That’s what everyone runs on Club Lexus. Of course, that could also be untrue. But from what I’ve read so far, 2 ECUs are needed. IIRC, stock ECU is needed for the electrical stuff.

even tho you get a front clip u still got to cut the entire harness in 2 and extend it between 12 and 16 inches so id just look for a clean motor n trans wit harness n ecu and save about a $1000.

vvti is not bad its just more wiring involved and more complicated if you were to put in cam gears etc,for the fuel economy gains over the non vvti motors its just not worth it. non vv ti motors are just straight up user friendly,very simple mad easy to work on and just makes mad power it just wants air n fuel no variable valve or vtec lol

if you talking about the 1st gen 2j motors 93-95 you only need 1 ecu.i dont know about the vvti motors

i never knew there was this many toyota guys on here. i need m0ar info on the 1jswap into cressida people fucking hold their breath about it.

you need the wiring done?
text me

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49938&highlight=garage+shops

The gs300 in the pix has a 2jz in it.