3.1L Grand am in need of help

Well I own a 1996 Grand am SE that had a warped head. I had the heads milled and put in all new gaskets (ie. head, lower intake, upper intake, fuel injectors, valve covers, etc.) but when taking off the alt i rotated the stud outta the housing. I put it all back together and she started right up. I let her run to get hot and fill the fuilds. I then turned it off to see if it would re-start easily and the battery died, so i figured no biggie the alt must be shot. I had he checked out and the alt was dead. I put in the new alt and since the battery was dead my dad had me put in the battery out of my totalled truck and the thing went nuts. The head lights turned on and the e-fan turned on and it blew a couple fuses (erls, and wiper). I changed out the fuses and trickled chaged the grand am’s battery now she won’t start. She gets fuel but no spark. All the wires are connected to the coils but nothing. Any help would be awesome im about to start this car on fire

prob put the wrong battery in too stong of one?
why ddnt u just jump your old battery?

putting in a battery that is high of a CCA rating will not hurt anything, you likely hooked it up backwards and/or had your key turned on when you hooked up the battery.

things to have checked out, ignition coil, ignition module and computer. but of course tripple check all of your fuses. i think autozone can test your coil and module, just hope its not the computer.

hooked up a battery backwards on my roomates 87 teg and blew the computer, it was a bitch trying to figure out wat had happened, get urself a multimeter and start testing wires and such

wrong sub forum. Moved.

better make sure everything is plugged in

are you sure you dont have spark? do you have injector pulse?

do you have injector pulse? double check your spark.

Is the THEFT/SECURITY light on or flashing???

A GUY AT MY WORK HOOKED NEG TO POS POSS T NEg on a battery. actually on a grandam it fried the wiring harness and it did the same symptoms.

everytime u discharge a battery and recharge it loses power. this battery was probably done. grandam= sidepost so his truck probably same battery(theres 3 side post batterys available grp 75 78 and 79). u can have 1300 cca it wont fry things

You wouldn’t be the first. Let me know if you decide to sell or part it out.

if spark is your problem I’d look at the ign module

updates? if wiring is fried i have recently dealt with a similar problem in my focus and i guess i would be willing to lend a hand tracing wires and patching up melted spots. PM if thats the case

hahaha yeah, nick had some crazy electrical fun stuff going on in that ford.