3 series exhaust

that’s an expensive engine… I’m glad you didnt’ pay for it all.

That sucks man… luckily my dealer is a dinan reseller and installer… so i’m just going that route out of ease… the price tag kind of blows… oh well i guess!

Hmm, I don’t know the M3 chick…I must be missing something:eek3:

under the magnus moss, dealer has to prove that your chip caused the engine failure. if they can’t, then it is on them provided the failed item is under warranty.

Yes, sometimes i wish it will always work out that way, they were nice enough to offer half price off the engine before BMW NA said ok to the warranty. It is a nice car it just happens that what use to be our local dealer has bad service. If they plug the car into their computer and it says it is ok, it is to them. Even though the loud squeaking noise coming from the brakes might be something wrong with the car, they have no sense of being an actual mechanic. But hey that is another story :wtcslap:

bmw brakes like the squeal to begin w/. almost like you have hawk race pads in w/o the stopping force.

in my experience-- sometimes is is corrosion between the “anti rattle” metal strips and the pad carrier, and sometimes it is lack of lube on the pads where they meet the metal strips on the carrier as well as where the piston meets the inboard pad, and the caliper “fingers” meet the outboard pad.

i cant think off hand, but one brand of brakes are really quiet for bmw, but do seem to cause more brake dust. i wanna say pagid, but can’t remember.

basically, before you install new pads, wire brush the anti rattle pins and use a high temp wheel bearing grease for a light coat where the pads meet the pad carrier/anti rattle shims–as well as where the caliper body and piston meet the pads.

Sorry OP not trying to jack thread, but see what happened was the first sensor to tell them to change the pads was burnt through never through the code and we took it to BMW the day before a track event we went to they said everything was ok. So, come day at the track it through the code for the second sensor in the brake pad saying, you need to get your car on a lift, aka you are about to run out of brake pads.

if it were my car, i’d ditch the pad sesnor wires so it thinks it has good pads, and just visually inspect the pads. being the car gets tracked, you should keep an eye out on pads and general upkeep. Make it a part of your routine when you are at the track or preparing to go–it is not hard to peep through the rims and see how much pad is left.

i have had wires that were broke in the wire wrap, and would intermitantly turn the pad level light on and off. so shit does go wrong on pad sensor wires. Imo, it is still up to the owner or their mechanic to inspect.

most open track day or d/e cars i work on have the pad sensor wire ziptied up or wires looped.

when you took your car to bmw, did you tell them that you were going to a track day? like you took your car there for a track pre-inspection? Because what is good pad life for a street car and what i feel is good pad life for a track day is 2 different things.

if your going to P&W talk to Tim Prough the shop foreman not Tony Dave the service manager. Tim is very knowledgeable about late model Dinan installs and is a good guy, Tony is a tool that doesn’t really know much about cars. Trust me, I worked there for a year and a half. Good luck

good info dude… i’m having a fucking hell of a time with some of these mother fuckers here… getting two wheels and tires put on the car, been there a week tomorrow. wtf

10 fucking days in the shop for a blown tire and two wheels…

P&W service is complete garbage…

That’s horrible! Which Stealership is doing this service?

go to sewickly for service from now on.

x2

P&W

Remember Phil from a few years ago? He had tons of problems with P&W. Try Sewickley, you are reassuring me not to buy a BMW anytime soon. It seems like service is such a problem with those cars. Hell VW is not much better either.

Phil swears up and down about Sewickley, Then he went and traded the Audi in on a 5 series. That place seems to have always treated him right

I’m a big fan of Rahal, but I hear good things about Sewickley as well.

Used to work there, they have good techs, they just don’t have enough of them. I’m one of 5 or so techs that have quit or been fired(I quit) by P&W in the last 2 months. The service manager is a tool, that’s why we all quit. Good luck

there is no luck involved… never again.

thanks though!

whats funny is that I didn’t even need ‘service’ … just the parts guy to order two wheels and someone to mount/balance and align… it wasn’t a huge request (at least in my opinion, being that fucking pepboys and ntb bang it out in an hour)… and it took about 4 morons to conjure one complete thought over 10 days to get 1 day of work done. Fuck them.

and they had the nerve to ask me to give them a ‘5’ on the service call :bowrofl:

Like I said, there are good techs at P&W, however, the management is clueless as to how BMW service should be performed.

This is Faulkner BMW in Lancaster Pa. My parents still live back there so Sewickly isnt really a choice. Oh well, sorry to change subjects but do you guys know anything about the Subaru Dealership by RMU?