3-Series lovin ...

^^^^^

Who would want a reliable BMW …

strait 6 Bmws are very reliable.

great concept but i agree if he could have afforded the ls1 then he should have but +1 for it anyway

?

Care to go a little further into depth with this one?

Wise words.

from a torque production standpoint, the v8’s blow the BMW I6’s out of the water obviously given their larger displacement and because of that fact, they can be built to produce much more streetable power than a smaller I6 without a power adder.

even though the later S54 is within 10-15hp of a stock LS1 the torque is drastically higher and at a lower rpm which makes a faster car when paired to a proper gearbox/rear end ratio.

now would I say the 5.0L is better than a E36 M3 motor? thats a tough one. can you eek out 500+hp from 3.2L without a power adder? nope. can you do with with a 5.0? yup. with a power adder which has the highest potential? the M3 3.2L. without a world products man-o-war aftermarket block or something the similar, the 5.0L is asking for it over 550 and will most likely split down the middle… hmmm maybe thats why the LS1 and 5.0L weights are said to be similar? less iron = less strength.

now LS1 vs E36 3.2L… LS1 by far. though some might say “ugh, pushrods… what junk” but they would be being foolish given the engines abilities. can you make a 1000hp 3.2L? maybe (i dont know… i didnt research it) but i do know that its going to take more boost/nitrous etc than a 5.7L-7.0L LSx based build to get there and its going to be less streetable than the V8.

what would i rather have? turbo LS2 in a E36. :slight_smile:

it would be a blast.

Brian

hrrm… nice i must say.

ughhh, bmw newbs. If he was smart he woulda left the stock motor in it and just turbo charged it. But hey what would i know, my motor only has over 120k on it with 16+ psi and almost 500whp with room up to 700whp on stock internals.

but hey, swap away.:lol: i think i may buy a mustang and swap a bmw m52 into it just so it could be fast, affordable, and cheap considering my motor/tranny swap only cost in th neiborhood of 600-1000bucs with forged bottom end from factory.:slight_smile:

sounds so niccce

I think it sounds like shit and there ain’t nuttin wrong with vaht zee Germans put in there.

i agree that a turbo bmw is a good choice (especially over a ford 5.0L) and yours def scoots, you cant deny that 5.7L-6.0L vs 2.x-3.xL with a turbo sized for the same peak power, the v8 is going to spool like there isnt a turbo on there at all.

im not a peak hp man i guess. im an area under the curve guy. id rather have less whp and alot more torque and a tall gearbox. makes for good manners when you are puttering through town on the way to the highway for a good blast.

Brian

Just an fyi as I have no idesire to get into a debate in this topic. But I can think of 7 off the top of my head without searching that are nonsleeved stock block BMW I6’s (3 of which are 3.2L m3 motors, the other 4 or 3.6, 3.8, or 3.9L I6 M5 motors).

Here is one… Active Autowerke (TazaM3) 1,000 HP E46 M3 Turbo Project Complete | E46 Fanatics Forum

probably on the highest end of the cost spectrum… I just love that car though… :slight_smile:

UGH! stock internals… Awesome!