300ZX VS. 240SX

Khaos Performance

ok so everyone obviously knows that the 300zx was pretty much at the time, top of the game and nowadays everyone knows 240’s kill, and probably everyones seen me trying to sell my 240sx but heres the question i’ve been seriously wondering. Alright so i got my shop, can do all the work on the 240 easily but I’ve already got the 240, on the other hand, i’ve got also a Z32(300ZX) a buddy of mine is trying to sell, in excellent condition, $4500, and the car is a beauty when driving, only problem is the thing probably needs new coilovers but doesnt matter either way id probably get them done in the long run. both cars are at 180 000km, both pulling amazingly hard, 240 might be a bit faster cuz of weight, im probably in the long run gonna race a bit but not sure if im gonna go crazy, if so i’ll probably pick up another 240sx but the question i wanna noe is, what would other people do?

btw i like the t-top style so i think im lyking the 300zx because of its t-top and because i also like the twin turbo mod upgrade, this ones a non-turbo 300zx but ill probably look into doing the twin turbo setup.

Let me know, thanks guys.

Noel.

The 300ZX is definently the looker of the two but isn’t really good for much more then a highway / dyno queen. The 240SX is the more track worthy car if that is your interest.

IMO anyways.

I take it you are talking about NA not turbo?

From my experience working on the 300ZXs engine is a nightmare. All the space you have in a 240 suddenly disappears. Its cramped. Not my idea of fun.

apple > orange

Mango > Pear

a montth back i was choosing between a na 300zx 2+2 & a stock 240sx. 300zx wins on beauty + 2cyls more, better stock susp, less wheel gap, more hp but more weight too. 240sx is cheap to buy, maintaine & run, has upgrade potential, light, & doesnt look 2 bad either. alongside the 300zx it looks like a baby brother.

240sx is better when it comes to engine bay work, parts, cost, etc… in a 300ZX if you drop a socket and/or nut and u dont hear it hit the ground, dont bother looking for it!! 300ZX looks good thats about it!! IMO of course!!

oh yea thanks guys for the updates, whoevers got anything else to throw in thats awesome, i think im looking for some fast output and some killer looks as well. dont thinc this will be my track car just yet.

well me I was looking at a 95 300ZX TT and its definitly a sexy car… But have decided to pretty much keep my kouki and put a RB25 in and yea… be kinda origional haha.

my banana > your banana

I’d go 240sx, it’s cheaper to buy
then add on the suspension & powerplant swap (SR20 common)

& you got a beast that’ll compete well alongside a 300Z Twin Turbo.

ever think of dropping a VG30dett in your 240 chassis??? ive seen the dynos on just the motors and the VG is better then a stock SR20 but i havent really done to much research, maybe if u want a quick ride… get the best of both worlds in a way. big 6cyl TT with a sleek nice body… and also there is more room in the 240 for the VG30 then in the 300z
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=187589&page=1

but IMO i like the 300z… but its up to you. do you want a drift/track car. or a car that has almost no potential but can still be fun on sunday? if all you want is sunday fun get a 300z. if you want a nice quick drift/tracker that you will drive yourself to selling from going bankrupt due to upgrading, keep the 240…

IMO keep the 240.

I’ve got both cars - a '95 300ZX 2+2 and a '98 240SX SE. Both cars are great. I’ve been thinking of selling the Z due to the fact that I also have an R32 GT-R, but just can’t let go of it. It looks amazing and is a great GT car. The S14 is more tossable and cheaper to maintain. Bottom line, 2 great but different cars. Depends on what you want.

That’s a hard question… Consider it in the context of 2 sisters

Much like 2 sisters, arguably the 300zx is the older more mature one while the 240sx is the younger more exciting but equally as hot one.

Which do you pick?

It’s a question that has pained the minds of men for centuries!

The answer is… BOTH!
Like buying a King size bed for both sisters, buy a house with a double garage for both your Nissans

Lmfaooo You Sir Are A Champ! Lmfaoo! Correction A Genious

jesus your lucky.