!!!!!!!300zx!!!!!!!

Hey everyone out there in the Pittsburgh Car Community. Im new to this site and currently own a 1995 eagle talon ESI (N/A) and am looking to upgrade. I am very interested in supra’s and rx-7’s but think these vehicles are a little out of my price range. Therefore, i decided i want a 1990+ 300zx twin turbo. However, it is almost impossible to find these cars in the Pittsburgh area. Any ideas on how i can locate one.

just missed one for sale on the forums/ebay last week. Guy wanted like 17k for it.

Thanks for the imput. However my pocket book is a little tight. I have around 7 grand to spend on the car. I would love the challenge of a project though.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?mod_bookmark_id=null&advanced=&bkms=1150727517468&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=used&make=NISSAN&model=300ZXTURBO&start_year=1981&end_year=2007&min_price=1&max_price=7000&distance=0&address=15108&x=70&y=14

Well ive been searching autotrader for the past 8 months and nothing twin turbocharged has come up within a 300 mile radius of pittsburgh in my price range.

eeek…i dont think your going to find much luck with 300zx’s as a twin turbo is almost just as rare as the supra or rx7…altho i must add 1st and 2nd gen rx7s are cheap enough and project enough for you, I’m not saying forget about the 300z, but I’ve worked on both and I’ll take a 7 any day over that cramped motor bay of a 300z

Yeah i know they are fairly rare cars but thats why i put up this post. If they were not rare i would have no trouble finding one. But thanks for the info about the earleir model rx7’s. I was looking into maybe buying a project early model rx-7, but im really turned off by the square/boxey body style. Thanks though.

i know of one for sell in WV.do u want auto or 5 speed?

i would get one from Cali personally… but its up to you. no rust ftw

here is a much faster car you can buy for 7 grand. http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25397

I most definitly want a 5 speed. I mean whats the point of a sports car if you dont have a manual transmission. Thanks for the help. If you know of one for sale in WV please give me the persons email address and i would love to contact him.

Replying the the talon TSI post. I realize those cars are fast and i actually own a ESI right now. However, i have my heart set on a 1990+ 300zx, 93+ rx-7, or a 93+ supra. Thank you.

its a auto so i doubt u will want it.search on twinturbo.net or 300zxclub.com.there is always 300’s there for sell

Either pay up for a Nice Z twinturbo or payup for a nice Nonturbo and swap it. You might as well forget cheap twinturbo.

Example.

My Z.
1991. Def want a 91+ b/c 90’s had vavle problems
5spd
twinturbo
fully loaded
48k miles when bought in summer of 04 from a doctor in Fox Chapel
Garaged all its life
payed $15k

If i were you…
Buy a 93-95 b/c the quality went up slightly in 93.
Prob get an extremely clean Nonturbo for around $6-9K
Drive it down to Z1 in Georgia and they can swap it for u for about $7k and it will come out with around 420hp and it will also have the great 4.08 rear end from the nonturbo, or basiclly ull have extremely low turbo lag if any, I just did a 4.10 in my car and its completely livend it up and i only pull 3150rpms at 80mph.

If you find one you like feel free to get ahold of me. my email is my Pittspeed s/n @.comcast.net

Ill come check it out for you and make sure its strait and show you where the problems can occure and such.

go to www.twinturbo.net and read read and read some more.

http://twinturbo.net/ttnetfaq/FAQpages/usedpurchasing.html

First off:

You are buying a car that is 10+ years old, and a turbo car at that. Parts for the 300zx are not cheap, if all you have is 7k and you are already tight on the money forget about it.

If you have dreams of driving the Z and then racing it at the drag on the weekends, forget about it. Buy something that doesn’t take a lot of modifications and cheaper parts, you are just going to end up burning a hole in your pocket and have a car that never runs right.

I have one for sale in pittsbrugh 91 tt 5speed with some mods 9500 obo

i know of someone that might want it.whats the details on it?

If you’re looking for a project Hong’s Collision has one in Millvale.

The body’s straight. It’s been sitting there for a few years, in his lot.

I’ve offered him cash, in hand, for it.

He says he’ll sell, but he never does. Car needs a bit of work to be roadworthy.

I believe it’s a TT, but I could be mistaken. I’m sure if you shoved enough money in his face he’d sell it. Everyone has a price.

Up for sale is a 91 300zx tt with the mods.
the mods are as follows:

#1 hks hi power exhaust
#2 Jwt Mid Pipes
#3 ultimate z Downpipes
#4 Jwt Pop Charger
#5 Jwt Ecu
#6 hks ssq bovs
#7 Hks Tubro timer
#8 strut tower bar

All the belts and hoses where replaced at 80k miles. the car now has 92k miles on it. the clutch is slipping but i have a brand new one that comes with the car. the car is red with t-tops. the leather is in great shape. the price is 9200. the only problem with is is there is a dent in the front left fender and a crack in the bumper cover. depending on how long it takes to sell this could be fixed though

ok ill let him know

you find a Z in cali ill fly down and drive it back
:burnout: