[/SIZE]

35 or 50 of anything. I kinda like the clean look though

100% looks best

mirror tint fag boi! do et!

if you tint the windows i am going to take a beer shit in your window trim

I just bought 5K HIDs. :rofl

OMG:(

gearhead joints:wtf

thats not horrible, 4300k are the best hids to get.

If you are running 35w ballasts. If you are using 50w, you can easily go to 6000k and get pretty white light, since the higher wattage washes the light out a bit.

Regardless, even on 35w, 6000k is fine. Anything higher than that is when you start to suffer from less usable light.

I heard HID’s cause cancer.

Are you going to post a whole photo shoot of your car showing the HIDs? (Like for the tint?) :lol

Nope. I was trying to give him different angles and amounts of light to see what 35% looked like. Sorry for trying to be useful for once?

My projector/HID picture have been posted before.

I’ve had 20% on one of my cars, 35% on another, and 15% on my current one but the 15% was just to match the factory rears on my TBSS.

I think 20% looks good but 35% has a more classy look to it. Really it depends on the look your going for. But definitley take it to Dave at Tint King on Central Ave in Schenectady. They do top quality work. I’ve had all my cars done there and sent my dad, brother, and freinds all there and they all are more than satisfied. Tell him Frank sent you if you go, he’ll appreciate it! They tinted a Lambo before as well as several vipers so don’t feel unsafe about leaving your car there.

Remember not all film company’s tint percentages are the same. I know the Llumar 20% (which tint king uses) is lighter than the Solarguard 20% (which tint star and zeibart use) Just keep that in mind.

I attached two pics. The first is my old 03 camry done with 20% by Tint King and the second is my old civic done in 35% also done by Tint King.

Good luck!

please shut the fuck up cause you don’t know how the kelvin scale works.

Sorry Ryan for taking this thread off topic.

That being said…

Oh really? Please educate me and please tell me where I offered incorrect information. I didn’t disagree with your post, I just added to it. ~4300k is the most natural light. If you go 55w kit, you can get away with 6000k as the 55w washes out the 6000k making it closer to 5000k.

Regardless…

The higher you go in K (or lower), the less usable light you get. 6000k is fine, anything over that and you really start to see the difference.

#'s further from ~4300k = Less Lumens = Less useable light

You can pick the panties out of your crack now. No need to get them all in a bunch.

Pretty good link: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/hidfaq.aspx

Notice the following quote (which I have seen on many sites and in many articles). I used to believe the same thing until I educated myself.

[B]Common HID Misconceptions:

Higher the K (Kelvin temperature) the brighter it gets- Not True, the Kelvin Scale measures color not brightness. The brightness is actually inversely proportional to the light output. 4500K HID is technically the brightest and the further you increase or decrease from 4500K the lumens (visible light) will slightly decrease.[/B]

So… i was thinkin of tintin the hardbody…

How much would it run for 35? i want the back window done and thats it

I paid $190 (IIRC) in MA for scratch resistant 35% with lifetime warranty on all four side windows, back window, and sunroof. For just the back window, $50ish?

thats what im hoping for hahha. im not spending alot on this shitbox. but the sunglare is OMFG bad.

cant wait until u ruin the poopra with your fucking colored windows and bright head lamps. u will really have all the capital district PR’s on your nuts now! :bowdown