Tinted Windshield

Many people on other forums have them tinted (especially people in the southern states).

Anyone here have one?

I’m thinking of getting 55% tint (lightest my guy uses). Black car with black interior is a PITA in the summer and it gets REALLY hot. I don’t want to deal with putting a shade up all the time.

As for registration/inspection, I think I’m gonna have the installer cut them out in the tint so that part of the glass isn’t tinted. I’m not worried about the tickets, but I want to try and fool people into thinking it’s not tinted by making the registration/inspection look normal. Read up on this ‘trick’ on a BMW forum. Then just make sure the people who inspect my car either let me stick the sticker or put it on with me watching.

Isn’t it illegal without some sort of medical necessity?

Ilya deals drugs.

Yes, but so is tint on the front windows. I’m not really worried about the legality of it, I wanted to see if anyone had any pictures of a light colored tint. All I can find online is idiots with 5% tint on their front windshield (THAT is unsafe). I don’t think 55% will be that bad at night, but I just wanted to see if anyone had some pictures.

I’m pretty sure in NYS you can have tint as long as it lets 70% light through.

Maybe, but I thought that was only on the rear sides and back? I thought anything on the front windows or windshield was illegal?

I’m 35% all around and the car is still too hot in the summer. It’s so hot sometimes that touching the steering wheel becomes a waiting process. Luckily my windows all go down via the remote so I can sometimes let some of the heat escape before I get in.

EDIT: Finally found a pic. This is probably what it would look like:

you can, but heres the catch: factory tinted windows are 70% already

$5 shade. Got one the other day at Advance.

i wouldnt. just wear sunglasses. they give us enough shit for tinting the sides.

Yeah, but…

I don’t wanna deal with it lol. Plus, tint would minimize the glare from all of these ricers with HID’s in non-HID designed headlights. The ones I hate the most are the pickups with HID’s. DAMN YOU HID PICKUPS!

This was to keep the heat out of the car, not the sun out of his eyes… Reading owns you.

Remote start the car, let AC cool it down.

Even better, hire a sexy 20’s something girl to start your car for you and turn on the A/C, preferably naked.

I saw some pencil dick from Mass catching heat from the tech inspector @ LVD a few weeks back for a tinted windshield. I remember saying how retarded I thought it was… I haven’t change my mind.

Oh, and it’s 100% illegal to tint more than 6" down from the top.

Just buy a shade and cut it to fit. It takes all of 10 seconds to put the thing up, and you’ll be able to see where you are going at night. Even with 50% over the factory tint it will still be dark enough to be a pain in the ass.

Not with them gearheads! :lol

your biggest issue is the tint is going to have a better tendancy to fog up and cloud .

It also scratches up easier too. You dont want decreased visibility on your windshield

where the fuck would you want to tint your windshield.

besides the large sign above your car that says pull me over right here!! illegal tint. (then come on here and bitch that you got a tint ticket)(not you ilya just in general)
Your visibility will go down at night.

WHY …

EDIT: 10000 post FTL!

When you sneeze on the windshelid its gunna be harder to remove the snot. FYI

Just spray paint it black. Drive fast, let god sort it out.

yo guys, relax on Ilya man. He’s just out of sweet light mods to do, and needs to add something to his awesome build thread.