360 Elite

Is anyone thinking about getting one? I wish i woulda known about this 3 months ago. I woulda waited…Just in case u don’t know what this is, its the same 360 w/ a HDMI Port (w/ cable), and a 120GB Harddrive + plus all the features/ accessories of the Pro 360 system…all for only $80 more than the Pro System…The HD alone makes this a steal The 120G HD retails for $180.00.

I’m glad Microsft finally released a bigger HD…20G just wasn’t enuff…especially for those who DL lots of content from Live

too bad it comes with a HD-DVD player instead of a blue-ray. hd dvd is already bombing and it just came out not too long ago

360 elite doesnt come with hd-dvd. It still requires the add on.

I wouldnt be so quick to rule that technology out either.

It’s not that far behind blu ray, only about 3% in sales and available titles

All the 360 elite gives you over the 360 Core/Premium is the HDMI functionality which will allow you to support resolutions up to 1080p.

Which 1080p is definitely awesome, to bad nothing is broadcasted in that format yet, but watching blu-ray and hd-dvd movies, its def nice.

Even the up convert features arent too bad. Although from the untrained eye, you won’t initially notice a difference between 1080i and 1080p side by side. There is a difference but again, its subjective.

1440p cannot get here any sooner or UHDTV (~1680p, rumored to give people motion sickness though)

interesting…before they were even but xbox having the smaller harddrive, now its a lot more then PS3

old comparison
ps3 with HDMI 60GB & blu-ray = $599
xbox pro 20GB + HD-DVD = 399+199= $598

compare new system
ps3 with HDMI 60GB & blu-ray = $599
new xbox with HDMI 120GB + HD-DVD = $579+199 = $778

You’re off by $100.

Xbox Elite is $479
HD-DVD Add-on is $199

So Total Xbox Elite (HDMI) and HD-DVD Add-on is $678

So the xbox would be $78 more than the ps3, not $178, but it would have 60gig more of storage

I knew this one was coming which is why I held out on the XBOX… Now I’m interested…

I’m kinda surprised Microsoft didn’t include built in WIFI with the elite…Both the Wii and the PS3 have it…Built in HD DVD playback woulda been nice, but that woulda caused the MSRP to skyrocket…I know MS is trying to keep the price reasonable

while i agree with you on most things… the component cable for the xbox360 with the initial firmware update can push 1080p across component… the issue is typically having a tv that can get 1080p across component cables and not hdmi… the only ‘true’ advantage of the hdmi out is multicast digital surround sound through the cable…

i dont know why people think hddvd is bombing??? i think it’s said that blu-ray is in the lead, but that could be because so many people have the players as opposed to hddvd?

are there any commercially available tv’s that can display 1080p without DVI/HDMI?

I thought Component was only limited to 480i/480p/720p(768p in some cases)/1080i, due to it only being an analog bandwidth connection

I kind’ve see HDMI as a waste in my opinion, or at least with how my setup is.

I have a TV, HD-DVR Cable Box, and a Surround sound receiver. I see no sense in plugging in my cable box with HDMI to my tv, since my receiver is what will be decoding my surround sound.

So I just use DVI for video(cable box to tv), and optical or digital coax still for surround sound (cable box to receiver). I guess it would only really be viable if you are limited on the # of inputs you have for a certain device and your receiver does a lot of switching.

I’m getting one and All-Pro Football 2K8.

woo woo.

:greddy:

Dreamcast and Sega NFL2K1 FTW

Me and my roommate busted out the ol dreamcast.

HDMI is not a waste…i think its just overhyped…people don’t realize that its no different then DVI when it comes to picture qulaity.
only diff is you don’t need audio cables for DVI.

my HDTV is old so its only got 1 DVI input.
so i have a DVI switchbox for my Dish HD reciever & my PS3

multiple inputs are def. better but back when i bought mine it(multiple &.or HDMI) wasn’t available.
same with built in OTA HD tuners…when i bought my TV there was only like 1-2 on the market that had built in tuners & it was pricy…now its common place.

I wish I would have known about a year ago when I bought mine. I got mine December '05 great system but it looks like I’ll be getting the new one as well. well looks like my car will be getting a 360 mounted somewhere in the car. wireless controllers FTW

HD DVD is not going to last man, dont buy that DVD player beacsue in a couple years, they will no longer be making discs for it…

HD dvd is VERY limited to who follows them. here is a list of the backers of HD DVD…

Toshiba Corporation
Hitachi Corporation

Those irnoically are the EXACT SAME 2 drives that come in certian xbox 360’s and that is why xbox got HD DVD and not blue ray.

here are the movie corporations that follow HD DVD its also very short.

Memory-Tech Corporation
NEC Corporation
Sanyo Electric Co.

Here are a few people who support Blue Ray DVD… As you can see the quality of the companies listed below are much larger than HD DVD and will not steal business by supporting both.
LG
Lite-On
Mitsubishi
Panasonic
Philips
Pioneer
Samsung
Sharp
Sony

Here are the movie manufactures that support only blue ray…
Apple Computer Corp.
Dell, Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Panasonic (Matsushita Electric)
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
TDK Corporation
Thomson
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures and Television

Its clear that Blue Ray is dominate, and unfortunately i like the Xbox 360 better than the PS3 but I i refuse to get stuck into a dying breed…

Good luck, but i wouldnt waste my money on the drive…