Its Official

Fuck the PS3 now.

video:
http://on10.net/Blogs/tina/exclusive-video-first-look-at-the-xbox-elite/
i watched it this morning

its not even worth getting a ps3 now, hdmi, more HDD, better live, better games.

wow sony u sure do suck balls.

:slight_smile:

thats a real nice console.

do they have an hd dvd player available for it?

blu-ray

I heard

"A standalone $179.99 HDD also ships April 29. "

Wow…fucking rip off. Don’t forget this is still Microsoft.

i wonder if you get the cable to transfer from the old hdd to the new hdd when u buy the new 360

what about it?

lol

yes

looks like my 360 broke at a good time gives me a reason to wait an get a new one :smiley:

ill be getting one, just for the hdmi, hopefully it can be hacked like the old ones.

Lame. No wireless. No HD DVD. HDMI is pretty much worthless without the HD DVD drive (besides the convenience factor). The premium still seems like the best bet.
I would rather spend the extra $120 and get a PS3.

I feel so old school with my PS2 haha

Game selection is still going to be weak and xbox live is such a great service.

Not everyone wants a HD player in their console. Sony shot themselves in the foot by not making this an option.

I think in the long run it will be better. Is MS going to release DVD and HD DVD games? Will some games only be available on HD DVD?

Let’s say Halo 4 or whatever comes out and its only available in HD DVD, if you want to play this game you have got to spend an extra $180. So $180 + $60 to play just one game. Now this may or not be the case, its just an example.

At least with the PS3 you know all games are going to be BD.

EDIT: Or maybe no HD DVD games at all. I have no idea.

Game selection will improve. Its only been a few months.
The xbox live service is good despite the fact you have to pay for it. It is more robust and integrated into the blades.

I’m interestd to see how things go with Home for PS3.

Also, its bullshit that MS is charging $180 for a 120 gig hd. So you buy the Xbox for 400, you buy the HD for 180, and then you get and HDDVD for 200 and still don’t have HDMI.

I’m sure I can’t unload my Xbox now so that I can get this new one. Buying the package is a much better deal.

Nice,when people want the elite one i’ll buy someones old one at a decent price :tup:

lol, im stickin with my orginal :wink:

I wish it was an option to have an in-unit HD player, as I really don’t like how it has to be external. Offer an internal one and I’ll buy it, its more a hassle to have more clutter it is than cost.

they really needed to integrate wireless. even an old ass 802.11b would be fine with me. how much extra could that really cost?