3D Printing Anyone?

Someone mentioned that a member here works on 3D printing equipment, did a search to no avail.

I have a Stratasys 2000 that I’d like to get set up. Maybe get a rundown/direction to online support/etc. Would be great to have a point of contact.

Thanks!

I think that was Newman.

You just got impatient and couldnt wait for me to pick things up and set them back down again.

Post some pictures of this whore

I was too excited! It’s not everyday you get an email saying " Hey, there’s a 3D printer sitting on a pallet, do something with it" ha

I use a Dimension 1200es at work, their product support is fantastic. I’m not familiar with your brand though, sorry :frowning:

Anonymous is the one you need to talk to.

*Anonymity

yeah that guy

Anyone own one or work with one on a regular basis and can chat with me about them? Have a project on the table that has been discussing doing prints from extruded 2D images for a niche market. Items will probably be anywhere from 1"x1"x1" to 8"x8"x8" using multiple colors.

Material info, cost to produce each one, etc to get some preliminary numbers would be helpful. I thought a lot of you guys had some experience with owning one or working with them that may have some insight.

cubify.com can do up to 7x7x7 based off just about ANY drafting program file, and they can quote you the price ahead of time. It gets printed and shipped to your door, hassle free.

that or Anonymity I think does 3d printing…newman does but if it’s more than a one time favor he probably can’t sneak it by at work.

Thanks. I am looking for someone who deals with it regularly and some info about them related to what we wanted to do. I remember a few people here had some experience and wanted them to chime in what models they use and the scale they do them. Being a 1-5 small items at a time project flow, this may be more cost effective to do owning a printer, just what one. haha

the same website I mentioned SELLS their mini 3d printer. but it’s $1300.

http://cubify.com/cube/store.aspx

from reviews I’ve read, it’s a pretty fantastic entry level product…

to get into a more serious rapid prototyper you’re looking at spending at least double that for something truly high quality and dual-head.

http://www.novedge.com/products/6388?AFTK=FRGL&gclid=CJHls_flv7ICFYnd4AodZhIAXg

Wow these have come down in price significantly, I didn’t know you could get one for less than $4000. I would have bought one already. lol

The one at Newman’s work is SUPER expensive lol.

if you bought one I’d have quite a few projects to approach you for lol. DAMMIT I wish I could have hubs machined for the Focus with no bolt pattern in them… :snky:

lol,there was an article in the news the other day about people printing gun parts.

Remember John Malkavich had that homemade gun in that movie? Can’t remember which movie but it would be a perfect project for a 3d printer. lol

That looks pretty awesome. Won’t go as big as I eventually will need but a solid entry level one. Has anyone ever printed with multi colors? This seems to have color cartridges and am wondering if the thing is smart enough to have you add a new cartridges when the color comes up… never seen a colored output than the initial color.

higher end units have provisions to load more than one color spool at a time and can switch as needed in the code. Or dual head ones can have a different color in each head.