3G Wireless Speed Battle Results - ATT on Top

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9083559&pageNumber=1

In tests, AT&T’s network left its competitors in the digital dust, with average download speeds of 755Kbit/sec. and average upload speeds of 484Kbit/sec. The peak download speed was 1.6Mbit/sec. It connected in just 3.0 seconds and loaded the test Web page in 0.228 seconds. On the downside, the cellular modem ate up 40 minutes of battery time, midway between Sprint’s hour and Verizon’s 20 minutes.

The slowest of the three cellular data networks, the Sprint network delivered on average 494Kbit/sec. download speeds to my notebook. That’s roughly a third slower than AT&T’s network. Its average upload speed was 294Kbit/sec. and the network’s top speed was 1.2Mbit/sec. It connected in 3.7 seconds. Since it doesn’t have a built-in battery, the radio reduced the runtime of the battery in my system by an hour.

A midrange performer, Verizon’s BroadBand Connect network averaged 592Kbit/sec. for downloads and upload 232Kbit/sec. for uploads. Peak speed was 1.3Mbit/sec. On the downside, it took a relatively pokey 5.6 seconds to connect.

word

WOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I sell these things!!!

dude, really. not trying to hate, but become an advertiser already.

Hes fucking poor and doesnt actually sell them through ATT, not to hate but the truf

I was wondering what you were gonna say to this thread but you have an EXCELLENT point. :tup:

Meh, im glad for the competition. It will make VZW work harder(at upgrading/rolling out LTE/rev B/etc), especially since its ATT thats faster and not sprint.

Im a subcontracted sales person for ATT, I dont actually work for ATT. I work for a call center who has a contract for ATT thus doing sales for them.

Edit: and Howie has a pm about advertising rates and such.

You’ve said that a few times over the past couple of months now… :shrug:

He has a pm in his inbox…i sent it like 10 minutes ago.

I probably wont do it until june when i get back from california

This is great and all, but don’t forget that Verizon Wireless just won the bid for the 700mhz auction. Once that’s up and going our broadband is going to blow these companies away.

It’s funny because I received a magazine from PC World 3 months ago saying VzW’s 3G was the fastest. These tests are so inconsistant, and the fact that he only used 3 test points is just pointless. When comparisons for dropped calls are done there are over 250,000 calls tested, to do only test 3 points is silly.

I guess reading is too challenging these days… :bloated:

[quote]To gauge the speed and reliability of these three wireless data networks, I used my ThinkPad X300 to collect nearly 500 data points at eight different places in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, within a 50-mile radius of midtown Manhattan’s urban canyons.

[quote=SomeretardwhothinkshesaforumGod;943972]I guess reading is too challenging these days…

To gauge the speed and reliability of these three wireless data networks,.

500 data points is small. Oh I’m sorry, 8 different points instead of 3. Whoopdeefreakingdoo.

http://www.rubicant5x.com/toughchino.jpg

meh, i dont take much any of these things say to heart. each report says something else. I saw one the other day that said sprint was faster than vzw, ive seen tons that claim VZW is king.

It varies so much from place to place.

In the sales world here we are told to tell customers that are in 3G markets that they can expect up to 800kb/s and in Edge about 300kb/s

90% of statistics are made up 50% of the time. The other 30% of statistics are wrong.

Like this one, “Tevenor likes sex with women.” That is definitely made up.

:wink:

http://www.noisebot.com/images/panther-gold.gif