AT&T speed test: best to date

AT&T must have upped their game:

http://img.tapatalk.com/a68988b7-98d9-af41.jpg

iPhone 4S
AT&T 3G

One min later I switched the server to make sure it wasn’t some fluke:

http://img.tapatalk.com/a68988b7-9924-db50.jpg

NICE!

I’ll still take Verizon any day of the week due to the fact that VZW Service > All. I’ve never had a dropped call or had issues placing calls anywhere in the US (other then up near Potsdam, where there is literally no cell phone service).

My girlfriend had Sprint and recently switched to ATT and she still has issues with service.

I’m curious how Verizon’s 4G compares to the results you’ve shown above.

I never have issues with my AT&T service, just saying.

Just got 17549kbps down and 6242kbps up in my office (Colonie).

I was lucky enough to get grandfathered into the unlimited data plan through Verizon but had heard that AT&T is still capping your data usage, is that correct?

They are if you’re not grandfathered, just like Verizon.

I’m grandfathered in, so cap away. :ponder

Ahhhhh yyyeeaaahhh

Cap it, bitches. I have 5 lines with unlimited data. Come at me, bro.

That speed test right there is proof that they have been throttling the shit out of it for a while now. 3G used to rip, then it didn’t anymore – then all of the sudden… BOOM! 4G came out, what a surprise.

Haha, I go to school up in Potsdam. Here now finishing up finals week.
I have ATT, cell service in Potsdam is fine, but going through rt 30 to get home is a crapshoot.

Yea I hear you, I meant to say driving up to Potsdam - not physically in Potsdam.

Pretty much once you leave Warrensburg and go through all the Lake Towns until you reach Tupper Lake you have absolutely 0 service no matter what type of cell provider you have.

On a side note, I just visited Clarkson a few weeks back and was thoroughly impressed with all the construction that’s gone on in Potsdam.

Ive never gotten speeds that low on 4g. Even with 1 bar its usually 10+ and with ideal conditions 25mbps+

It’s possible that AT&T has updated (or is in the process of) the local towers to 4G and they have upped the speed of 3G as well. I can’t say for sure as I don’t have a 4G compatible phone.

I just pinged at 245ms downloaded at .42mbps and uploaded at .62 my shit is weaksauce. Its a verizon original droid and I’m up in the altamont area so that may have a say in speed since I only have one-two bars of service.

Verizon 3G is normally quiet a bit slower than AT&T 3G, it’s actually on par with the standard EDGE service.

Yeah I dunno, it works. I’m due for a new phone in Jan actually AMD how you liking the 4S so far?

I like the 4S a lot other then the battery life but I’m sure that the more and more phones rely on cloud services, it obviously uses more data which in turn kills the battery quicker.

I’ve owned all the iPhones from the 3G so there’s nothing extremely exciting to note with the 4S. Just the standard little improvements over the previous model. I have to say the the camera is pretty impressive though. The dual core processor is noticeable too.

Doesnt the iphone 4s have dual antennas on att 3g to double the speed give or take?

Dual antenna’s wouldn’t mean dual bandwidth I wouldn’t guess anyway. I’ll run the test on my girlfriends 4 and see if there’s a difference. There is something new that was introduced with the 4S as far as network was concerned though. A new revision to HSDPA called HSPA+ I think.

yeah thats dual antenna they claimed ~7mbps on the 3g network and then they claim ~14mbps possible on the new 4s with the dual antennas. only available on the att network not verizon.