3M clear bra installer?

Anyone know of a local shop that sells and installs 3m Scotchgard paint protection / clear bra? Or a similar product.

My hood and front bumper look so pristine and chip-free with the new paint job, I’d like to keep them that way.

:slight_smile:

+1. If I sell the GTR, I may do the GT2 front and rear end conversion on the 911, and as soon as it gets resprayed (well, some time after) I’ll wanna clear bra just about the whole car lol.

I know you’re supposed to wait some time after it gets repainted because you don’t want to apply the clear bra to a brand new paint job (unless it’s factory, I believe).

While I’m not sure if he sells it, I do know that Pete Knight @ Knight time autotworks can install it flawlessly. Just a thought :slight_smile:

its not hard to do and you can order it yourself online pre cut for the car. i was trying to get my old boss to do this but he never thought it would work and i think he is against making money. but if you need a hand when it comes to putting it on let me know or ask at some tint shops its almost the same thing. do your headlights at the same time.

Lamin-X makes those, but theyre hella expensive. Some car dealerships carry that as well. One ofr my car is like 800 or so installed.

i can get a name and number for you… they come out of mass but are out in this area often… myself and justin can vouch for these guys as there work is FLAWLESS… they did a black 911 and it was practically invisible

Yeah they just expanded out to our area and they are SERIOUS with the 3M/StarShield products. They did a Basalt Black 997 Turbo and you had to realllllly look if you wanted to notice it. Unless you looked for the outline of where it stopped/started you wouldn’t even know it was there. Call me or Brew if/when you want the info

what is the maintenance for these? do they need some sort of treatment every once in a while to keep them looking 100% clear?

no treatment… and the company we have has a lifetime warranty on yellowing, cracking, and peeling!.. they do a great job… they does custom front ends too

it does not protect from deer fyi

LIES!!! Vinyl protects my home from hurricanes, it must be able to protect from deer!

A good buddy of mine’s grandfather took his '07 Ferrari F430 to Denooyer Chevrolet to get his front clear bra put on :lmao…I’m not quite sure why, but I guess they did a good job.

they have the same people that do them do our’s too thats why

Wait a month or so to do it after paint.