3M clear bra

Anyone have one on thier car?

also, anyonek now where to get one installed? I’m hinking about getting one for the S, but its $180 for the film, then i have to find someone to install, and i know many places wont.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2317&highlight=clear+bra

a few places are mentioned in that thread… i guess there are 2 in rochester and a place in ontario. no places in buffalo that do it i believe

I few months ago when my buddy was tinting my bros car he was talking about starting to do this. But i think he said he needed his license first ? I’ll give him a call to see whats up. I just remeber him telling me its alot of $$$ to get it done .

i want to say jeller had one of these awhile back. but i thought he did it himself if i remember correctly.

EDIT: owned i should have clicked the link i suppose.

Marcus has one on his Viper I believe…

Redrocket on the forum will do it. Newman had it done by him i believe.

any vinyl installation place shoudl be able to do it, its just like wrapping a car

would they gurantee their work though? the evo bumper has not easy written all over it

but not all vinyl places are the same.

I have the material & the patience to do the job.

649-2491, ask for nick.

That is true. One of the best investments you can make. Guaranteed 5 years, doesnt fade, 8ml thick

It’s more work thank meets the eye. My install took 8 hours. Done in Hamilton. The material needs to be applied on a wet surface, stretched, air and water taken out, a steamer must be used to make the plastic worrkable etc…Then the plastic, while on your paint:ohnoes: is cut with an exacter knife.

Go to elma Collision & talk to mark- its actually buffalo paint protection inside elma collision.

i did a few you could probably look at. including my car. mine has been on for 3 years. and i recently removed a few pieces off of my neon when i sold it to check the adhesive removal. it removed perfectly after being on for close to 3 years. and the only problem was the paint under the chipguard was glossyier than the exposed paint around the vinyl.

red… what about a evo 8 bumper… it has to be a huge pain in the ass to do. would u have a problem doing it?

ask jrod on here. i did his nine last summer.

Yeah this thing is a decent saver for sure. I saw about 10 or so show cars at HIN AZ with it. The owners all swear it had saved their custom paint for sure.

How do you wax the car when the bra is on?Would it leave a whitish line at the edge of it?
D

I wax the film too. Just keep it away from the edges.