SWERVE MOTORSPORTS PAINT PROTECTION (CLEAR BRA)

SWERVE MOTORSPORTS

Now offering custom clear bra paint protection.

Two Options…

So far we have dabbled with two different forms of vinyl; the good 3m Scotchguard film and Convex clear vinyl. Both films are 8mil and offer good protection against chips and scratches. The Convex film is not as clear as the 3m stuff but, still does the job. I suggest using the 3M product on highly reflective surfaces such as hoods whereas the Convex film is good for sideskirts and lips.

What can we do?

Many custom paint protection shops use an Xacto to cut the film on your paint. This leaves small cut marks all over your paint! I refuse to cut film with an Xacto on people’s paint so; we are somewhat limited on what kind of surfaces we can do. For the most part, I can do any large simple surface (eg. Hoods, doors, and fender flares). I can also do some smaller complex surfaces such as sideskirsts and lips. What can be done is really based on the size and complexity of the area.

Pricing…

Pricing is based on a labor rate of $60/hr plus the cost of film. Many simple surfaces such as hoods cost around .5-1hr.

Please PM me for more information or to set up an appointment for an estimate.

does bueme have one of these on his evo?

it looked pretty good!

God is there anything you guys dont do?
lol

anyways ill be up there soon i need some work done!

ugh if you did this last year after i got my bumper painted i wouldve been in

How many vehicles have you done this on? Have you been an apprentice under anyone for a significant time or taken any training courses on this?

:jam::barf:

Mabey, mabey not, but I’ve known letitroll for a while and he isn’t going to compromise on anything. Rest assured it will look like anyone else’s clear bra work.

If my cars paint didn’t need correction so bad I’d get as much of the front bumper/hood done as possible. But it’s not worth it at this point for me.

would you guys do the bottom of my wife’s 06 Impala (doors, rockers, rear bumper bottom)?

edit: i’m having most of that stuff repainted since it was sandblasted by the road shit pretty badly this winter

I have done a few different cars so far. If you would like to see an example of my work feel free to take a look at my Evo. I had a 3m Bra installed on my civic two years ago by a “reputable” collision shop. I would say my work looks similar if not better. Not to mention, I won’t use an Xacto on your paint. I paid almost $1000 to have mine installed and they scratched/cut the heck out of my paint.

Shoot me a PM. I’d like to meet up with you and take a look at what exactly you would like done.

mine is the 3m vehicle specific one on my hood and fenders
what they have is just a more or less generic roll that needs to be cut for different areas
rich did his evo X and it turned out great
glad to see this is being offered rich :tup:
razzle dazzle

watching rich work in his man thong is the best experience anyone good ever get :tup:

Thanks for the props man!

Check this out:

http://drcolorchip.com/faq.shtml

I’m VERY interested to see how well this works but, I don’t really have any chips yet. You should try it!

:skunk:

Rough estimate on how much it would cost to do a lip?

I forgot to ask when I was there today talking to John.

Would this be worth doing on the cf hood I am getting from you guys for my Eclipse? If so, can I get an app price?

When it comes to CF hoods you have some things to consider. CF hoods are much less prone to chipping from my experience. Also, CF hoods tend to slightly yellow over time due to UV light. When you put a clear bra on the hood it has a UV filter which can cause the area under the bra to not yellow like the rest of the hood. This can look kind of wierd.

If your still interested, what I have been doing is a 12" strip on the front of the hood. This costs about $40 in material (3m) and another $30-$60 to install.

BUMP

Good point. Do you have wide enough vinyl to do ENTIRE hoods and trunks?

We cannot do an entire hood, unless you don’t mind seams.