3M clear bra vs VentureShield clear bra?

Hey Guys,
Anyone ever get 3M clear bra or VentureShield cclear bra installed on their car? 3M is well known but from what I hear it only has 5yr warrenty, you can see orange peel texture and can yellow. Ventureshield (which I just heard about yesterday) has lifetime warrenty, is crystal clear, will not turn yellow at all and is about 30% cheaper then 3M. I found a local installer who has Ventureshield and says its better then 3M. I might just be going to him to get myS2k’s front covered.
www.ventureshield.com

Anyone had any experience with these 2 materials?
Thanks

I think Newman had one on his lotus. You couldn`t even tell it was on.

3M or Ventureshield?

I know Marcus has something on his Viper…

does anyone install them around here i want that for the miata.

i have also heard that the 3m’s can still chip when hit with a stone

not exactly sure. But i remember Newman telling me they are a bitch to put on right without any creases etc…

And it’s better if you have one professionally installed.

I have a 3M 1/3 hood/fenders, full bumper, and mirrors. I have never heard of a 3M film chipping, peeling if it’s not installed correctly. They also have a clear coat and one of the benefits of 3m is they guarantee it never to yellow.

3M is on some Porsche’s from the factory (look on the front of the rear fender).

Also 3M came out with a new updated product within the last year that is much better so make sure you are comparing the best and newest for both products.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/For_the/Consumer/FAQs/

There is a local guy that installs venturshield…ill be going to him come spring when the S comes out

what do you do when you want to wax your car? just wax right over it?

Dennis the tint guy also does this, he does it for elma collision i believe.

yeah

what about b4 you put it on. im sure you are to make the paint looks its best but the install right? not scuffs, chips dirt, bugs etc

damn…i wanna do my entire car!

the guy clayed mine and cleaned the paint and took out some imperfections, but no wax just clean paint then applied it.

Trust me you don’t once you see the bill. That is why must people only do a 1/3 of the hood.

Found out more info:
VentureShield is now owned by 3M
I could go through the pros and cons, but VentureShield is a lower cost product and easier to install, thus installers prefer it since they can make a larger mark-up and its easier to apply. 3M has some positives, but it is a pain to install, just ask the guy who did my bumper.

a guy on the s2000 fourms swears by this stuff and said he did it himself

i think i might try this
http://www.thexcity.com/cool_and_clear_002.htm

wow that last one is seriously cheap.

i wonder what the material is.

4 or 8 mil clear bra material is seriously expensive. but anyone can put it on. following directions and having patience.

yeah yeah i know this is kinda old… every thread about this ive read doesnt say who to go to for this… who installs it? its for my landlord at work. hes got an '07 avalanche i think. thanks.

For 3M according to the website:

Men From Mars - Certified Installer
Phone: 716-854-5778
Certified Installer(s): Damon Adams
Buffalo, NY 14201

Showtime Auto Detailing - Certified Installer
Phone: 585-409-8381
Certified Installer(s): Brian Kelly
Buffalo, NY 14125

Elma collision does this as well.