4/30 fair weather drivers come out and play

How the hell are they saying no rain when there is this giant mass of green on the radar headed right our way? :gotme:

These weather people are on crack…

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/wxdetail/14227?dayNum=1&from=weekend

i won’t be there because i blew my tranny :frowning: (see technical)

3:30 once again just finished gettin my whip back together (again). No more axel play and new suspension bushing that was shot. See you in a few hours :slight_smile:

I will be there in the dub of slowness!!!..
Watch me be slow… Droppin the cosby kids off @ the pool for the day then I’ll be on my way to the n tripp.

OMG, that course was so much fun, but I have such a ridiculous sunburn it isn’t even funny. :reddevil:

Definitely good times.

Great to see everyone again, had a BLAST in the 510. I dont think I’ll ever buy another e30 knowing that those are out there now.

First, let me thank the timing crew today for helping me through today without killing myself:
Andrea, Mike T, Elvin, and Mike O.
(Don’t worry, I fixed the scanner)

Today can be summed up by one word - Trifecta! I hit it. Anyone else?

http://www.tunedweb.com/~wnyscca/albums/JimPerrin/043006Run2.wmv
(there is an audio cue to signal the trifecta)

I was sitting by the starting line and watched course workers run across that first straight just as you turn left out of the gate. They didn’t even look and interrupted runs. This happened a couple of times while I was sitting there. Were these noobs or is the whole safety part of this event going to hell ?

The course was totally tits.

I said fuck it and went for the 6 extra seconds twice, and a third time I just went left of them. All due to paying to much attention to the sweeper.

There were so many fucking people I wanted to strangle today. The woman that pulled up with no helmet, pulled a time of like 1XX.xx and almost got rear ended (sans red flagging of the three cars that were behind her).

Or even better the absolute fucking retard that went the wrong way on course. I don’t think Andy minded getting an extra run out of it…

There were more, that was the most blatant of them.

It is too bad we don’t hold some sort of orientation for new people, maybe dedicate a whole day to it, perhaps before the start of the season.

lol, cut pete some slack he had a really rough night last night, and even today with him taking over my curse of parts breaking at every NCCC event…oh and the extra run was very nice to get :slight_smile: I’m glad I look ahead because I didn’t see any red flags.

When I was standing there, I was having to yell at people constantly for stepping out without looking. It wasn’t just noobs, they were experienced people too. We could have used three saftey stewards at the event, because I was getting sick of being left out there and missing my run group.

I also liked the time when I was yelling red flag at the one worker station, they finally got the flags out after the FIFTH TIME I yelled it. (Into the radio, too, I might add). That was also some experienced people.

It’s tough out there when you are starting the cars probably 15-20 seconds apart. (Not my choice, BTW, Dale always insists on it when we run there).

I did the unthinkable and had no cones on six runs today with every run faster than the previous one. No damned Kenny cones for me to hit this time.

OMG soo much fun sooo fast…i wish i had some realllllllllly good tires…had a good day but i need to work out some brake issues

Yea today was a blast. Looking foward to doing it again.

once again a pleasure as always. :tup:

my day is summed up with:
i need tires … managing to do a smoke show mid course isn’t fun

I had a great time pounding on the course today… It was my first event in nearly a year. The MR2 was amazing and WAY more nimble than the ol’ Beretta. Thanks to all the guys(and gals) that allowed us to sneak in 6 full runs and fun runs after.

:lol: I just noticed that In the video Jim posted, he had a radio with him, and the incident where I had to keep yelling red flag was when he took down the trifecta…

it was def a fun fun fun course… I swear that the trifecta was moved mid-day… I either wasn’t paying attetion on my first run or two, or it moved in about 4 feet because it seemed tighter when I ran my later runs…
It was fun making the dub squeal and work it’s hardest…
My biggest accomplishment was to get below my goal of 70 seconds (Remember folks it’s a 30 year old VW). It was also getting the dub to NCC and back without anything breaking or falling off… I’ve put 100 miles on it and it’s run like a champ.

It just mean you were exiting the sweeper faster and not accounting for it, thus it was coming up quicker.

30 year old VW :roll: here come the excuses.

Just face it, you got beat by the 30 year old DATSUN. That drove from Rochester the last two weekends in a row.:stuck_out_tongue: