4-6 Point Roll Cages

http://www.son240sx.ca/cpgallery/albums/userpics/10134/385.jpg

I’m waiting for pictures also…

Turbo 4AG, chill before you get banned. I’ve edited your posts. Say what you have to say in a friendly manner, no-one is attacking you.

Maybe he is not a professional cage builder but provided he follows the proper specifications for cage design, materials and welding, there is no
reason his cages would not be safe.

As for 16km/h, the cage wouldn’t come into play, thats just a stupid
comment and an uncalled-for personal attack.

Welded is safer and stronger, but some people daily drive their cars and would only like to have thier cage in for certain events. Not everyone
buying a cage uses their car for racing purposes only.

You also don’t need to post 5 times in a row, that is just rediculous. There
is no reason to flame Jeff, if you don’t like his cage design post why, this
is a good thread and I want to keep this debate going, not have it turn
into a flame war.

Simmer down … or … BAN.

Welded is SAFER and STRONGER[/quote]

I hate people that do not know how to read a post or posts properly before they open thier mouths.

I did not say the bolt in was safer or stronger or even that it looked better. I SAID IT TAKES MORE WORK TO BUILD A BOLT IN CAGE!!!

If you want a weld in, get one. If you think this O’ what ever his name is cage is better go buy it but don’t hijack thread and start bashing peoples product you know nothing about.

Personally I do not want a weld in because my car is a daily driver and I will not want the cage in all the time. If i had a straight track car then i would certainly get Jeff to build me a weld in.

Wow … what a debat

After reading this thread … I honestly can say …

If I were to install a cage, I would prefer the cage to be welded all together and to the floor. NO BOLTS AT ALL.

In my opinion - if one`s is to install a cage it is to be permant (no weekend and/or part time use). Once you install a cage, the car will perform a whole lot diffferent - mostlikely better, and you will not want to remove it.

as an example … It`s like taking off you summer tire and puting on you winter tires - for the winter. If your like me - you can wait to take them off and put your summer tires back on.

As for the craftmanship … until we all see the complete product and all of the pictures … it is had to say.

hmmm thought i would chime in since i have built a few roll bars for s13’s that i race in…

1=if its a 4 point 1.75x120 thou mild steel DOM is preferred
2=if its a cage 1.50 x120 mild steel DOM is preferred
3=it wont meet ANY spec if it does not have backing plates and a diagonal cross bar.
4=the rear down arms must be of the same material as the hoop for a 4 point roll bar.

5= targa newfoundland can make up any spec they want, it does not mean it will pass in any other race series. I WOULD make the cage according to the CASC specs since thats the govering body that canadian race cars have to adhere to. IMO

From the quick readover of the rules from each racing organization, I
think its possible to make a cage that meets the specs of all of them
without welding bars everywhere.

May as well build to meet all specs, but I agree with Adam, we are in
Canada so CASC rules are most important.