4 lug brake upgrades

k, soooo, i want to do a brake upgrade, but i don’t want to switch out to 5 lug. is there anything bolt on that i can use? what’s up with the taurus brakes? is it just some stupid joke going around, or is it possible? and i don’t want to have to re-drill rotors to fit a 4 lug setup.

just up grade rotors and pads, ebc pads (greens) i just put on my car seem reaally good

i have 180sx calipers and rotors for front… they are bigger than stock… with hawk pads

125 lmk

You can upgrade to Q45 brakes with Altima 4-bolt rotors.

lol at taurus brakes.

Here’s what I did: J30 brakes (almost identical to Q45 brakes, they use the same rotor and pads) with 5 lug rotors. I got the 5 lug rotors redrilled to 4 lug, using one of the holes as a common point. If you don’t want to redrill, you can use 4-bolt altima rotors, but they are much thinner so the calipers need to clamp more to touch them so boooooo. It’s been done though…but redrilling is byfar a better option IMO.

Done, and done.

For the rear brakes, look at your options, do some research. I just upgraded to Hawk HP+ pads at the back, but they ate up my rotors FAST.

What are the cons of going 5-lug?

Real only benefit is better wheel choices.

Get 300ZX and get rotors drilled for 4 bolt! buy conversion brake lines from Varun and you set… BEST INVESTMENT!!

There are NONE.

Easier brake options, more piece of mind and security. 5 points as opposed to 4.

Have to buy new wheels, if your going to buy wheels do the brake upgrade and 5 lug swap all at the same time.