5 Lug Conversion questions

i found some 95 se rear hubs pretty cheap and i know they just bolt on… but then what do i do for brakes; i don’t have the s14 brakes. i was wondering if i could get away with buying s14se rotors and still use my s13 calipers, or i suppose re drilling my old 4 lug ones is an option … but where would i get that done ?.. or is all that just not possible and i should save up more money and grab some nice 300 zx rear brakes as well now, as i’d prolly have done that some time in the futire anyways

Well you need the whole upright to do the front and you need to get an S14 ball joint. To run the Z32’s in the back you will need the Z32 rear upright.

Can’t you use the S14 5 lub hubs for the rear, so you don’t have to worry about messing with the shock mounts?

Can’t you use the S14 5 lub hubs for the rear, so you don’t have to worry about messing with the shock mounts?

yes, but you will not be able to use z32 brakes. You will also need to purchase some 5 lug rotors, or redrill yours. (might as well go for new stuff though)

Z32 rotors and calipers won’t work with the S14 5 lug hubs? They’ll still work with the Z32 hubs/S13 steel upright won’t they?

5 lug conversion is WAY over rated…

the only thing you get is a little bit of originality and some extra wheels optoins.

can anyone really explain why it is so diserable???

if you want to expand your wheel option all you need to do is get H&R Trak+ wheel adapter and you can change your bolt pattern to absolutely any bolt pattern that you want… you can run porsche wheels, BMW wheels, or maybe even 6 bolt truck wheels…

so why go 5 bolt again???

Reasons why to go 5 lug.

-More brake options
-More wheel options (much much more)
-Just a bit stronger i guess, cuz it’s held by 5 lugs :slight_smile:

It’s better to do a proper 5 lug instead of an aftermarket hub because if anything happens to your aftermarket hub, it’ll take months to get a new one, though when u have a properly done 5 lug, u can just go to ur local Nissan dealership and get the part that you need

there are no more brake options…

keeping the 4 lug you can still do rotora, Z32 TT / NA, JDM 180sx, etc… what more option do you really need?

the wheel options are not a great reason to do the swap… there may be more options, but you only use one set of rims… so find one you like that fits.

yeah 5 lug may be stronger. some people are apprehensive about using spacers but H&R’s conversion seems reasonable… saves alot of work and money, and enhances the wheels options even further. allowing for all FWD offsets and RWD offsets to fit comfortably depending on spacer width.

the spacers are hub centric and application specific

thanks for the info philip, that’s pretty much what i expected…

as for the 5 lug i wanted to do it simply because i’d like to run R32 rims and maybe a nice set of rays/volk someday :roll: lol.

i didn’t know about the spacers i knew they must exist but never knew who made them and i’d never seen them. that might actually be a worth while idea for now anyways that way i can keep my 4 lug wheels for winter hehe thanks for all the info

Bing, what’s your problem with the 5 lug swap? It’s not like it is super popular seeing as the only other S13 5 lug car I’ve seen is Marco’s Type-X. I actually like not having to redrill all my disks all the time. Plus S14 5 spoke rims look good on an S13.

my problem is YOU!!!

no not really hahaha…

just presenting alternatives…

i used to think that you had to do the 5 lug swap for Z brakes a long whiel back… but wheni found out that you dont, i had no idea while people were doing it…

people get some degree of satisfaction doing teg suspension swaps on civics, but that is only because crappy civics come with crappy drum brakes, and under built suspensions that are easily upgraded by swapping for acura pieces…

but that is not so with the 240sx, there isnt really any gains as far as handling, power, braking…

so why?

It’s like asking why someone washes their car…my car is usually dirty and it’s still fast as hell.

So aesthetics only? Everyone says that there are more options for rims when you have a 5-bolt pattern, but most of the JDM deep dish ones i see are meant for Hachis and S13s. I guess thats only because im looking at the ol school rims.

Pics of the S14 rims on your car too, Mike?

ur car is pretty sexy mikey, and faster than mine for sure…

but on foot… well that may be a different story…

LOL :lol:

Go to www.raretrick.com they have a full set of direct replacement 5-lug hubs. If you’re willing to pay $964.00 USD

GAH!^ I paid like $300 for the hubs/uprights from a S14…it would be cheaper to get OEM parts.

F spacers man, they cost almost as much as the 5 lug swap.

don’t worry about the rear calipers, the front does most of the braking and to use the z32 ones in the rear, you will lose your ebrake unless you spend lots of cash (really not worth it imo).

i bought my rear rotors for $32 from napa, not the greatest, but i am more concerned with my braking power in the front, than i am in the rear.

did somebody say spacers? bah, hum bug!!

So your planning to run 5 bolt in the front and 4 in the rear?

What are you going to do interms of rims?