414 Hp V8

Santa, I have been a good boy . . . .

Some excerpts from the new ad:

Now in its fourth generation, the M3 Coupe once again sets the performance benchmark for its class. After a one-year absence, the M3 returns with a completely new look inside and out and, for the first time ever in a production car, a 414-hp V-8.

Produced in the same Landshut factory as the BMW Formula One engine, the M3’s all-aluminum 4.0-liter V-8 produces 414 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of peak torque. This engine has a truly remarkable 8,400-RPM redline.

All of this power is translated into forward thrust by a 6-speed manual via the variable M differential lock. Rear-wheel-drive, as well as the powertrain concept, is an integral part of M’s product philosophy and was chosen for its distinct handling and performance advantages.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/M3_1024x768_0.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/M3_1024x768_1.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/M3_1024x768_3.jpg

i wish BMW would build a durable car. from my experience they are worse than VW lol

i love the styliing but i am not impressed with BMWs

Such an over priced pig, but what isnt now days.

Honestly I would much rather have the TT 325i out now.

i like older bmw better. e36 was a little on heavy side, e30 m3 is best drivers m ever, and the e21 3 series is one of the better “base” drivers. the 03 m3 pat had i thought was a piece of shit. interior was chincy, not a real nice fit and finish. engine was ok, but not all that.

mercedes, now thats different. im on the benz band wagon. fit and finish is still top notch.

That car is pure sex… although I wish they would have just put the twin turbo motor in it out of the 335, but with bigger turbos or more boost…

Money aside…I would love to have one of those…for the DD of course…the WS.6 would stay in the garage.

looks absolutely beautiful. changing to a V8 was inevitable for the progression of this car.

i wonder what the dyno looks like for it.

didnt you have it out last night when i saw you… :smiley:

id rather have the c63 mercedes. out powers it with like 120 more lbs of tq also. but that m3 looks so much better.

shit, if I had that new m3, the ws-6 would be in the auto trader!

haha…I had the sweet GTP. Thanks for reminding me, I have to hook up the trickle charger to the TA.

e63 amg has 500+ hp, and high 400 tq. thats what my old lady has. bad ass.

Sugarmama FTW

295 torque and a 8400 redline:kekegay:

Sorry Sailor, but I gotta disagree-- newer MB are going downhill. And I hate working on them. Evaporator replacement sucks royally.

I disagree, I dont work on them… nor do I care how hard it is to work on them, but the older benz are ugly and slow, the new 65AMG’s are fucking pimp and with 739lb of torque, you really cant say they are going downhill.

i’ll give you that, the new benz have more quirks than older ones did. but compare them to all new german cars, and imo they shine above. interior is still a mb interior, not cheap plastic-y feeling.

old benz is where it is at though. for what they were back in the day, the cars rode and quality were way above par.

The new M3 is trash. Way too heavy, no torque. And I’ll be surprised if that motor proves reliable. I was reading that the piston speeds (in feet/minute, I’m not talking pure rpm) approach those of F1 cars. And if it’s anything like the last gen it’ll be plagued by stupid problems, so much so that it ruins the ownership experience. I have a few buddies that have had E46 M3s and all but one got rid of it because they were tired of it always being f-ed up (that and they weren’t waiting around for the rear subframe to tear out). The one that still has his just is a BWM junky and is willing to put up with the BS.

E36s were the last //M3s worth having. They’re still light, and very direct. Power isn’t too bad given their weight and the balance is amazing. They are one of those “if I had to have only one car” type of cars. You can DD it in class/luxury and track day the piss out of it. The E36 was pretty reliable too. Sure, you can consider the cooling system a disposable part (rad, water pump, the whole thing) that needs changed every ~60k or so but the parts are cheap. Fuel pumps go, and the rear lower control arm bushings and shock mounts go. But all well known/documented cheap fixes. On the E46 doors stop opening, it won’t start if it’s too hot outside, and all sorts of other random weirdness. Oh, the front fascias never stay aligned as well.

I think Merc has it right, going with some very American cubes! Though I’d still prefer a 55 or 65 AMG motor (SC’ed V8 and TT’ed V12 respectively) to the new 63 AMGs (NA V8s). Not really sure why Merc went away from boost.

-TJ

The clk63 amg is pure sex.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9412/img66741lz7.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2443/postuj2.jpg

I was referring to the overall quality with the downhill comment. I do agree overall the new AMG’s are badass performance wise-- they’re just not my type of car, but that’s irrelevant in this particular discussion.

There were some badass Mercedes in the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s. There was a V8 Mercedes in the 60’s that hauled ass-- I’ll have to look it up. AMG Hammer in the 80’s, etc.

Mercedes 6.3 link:

Check out the links to the AMG “Red Pig” and the Mercedes 6.9 too.