+45mm wheels fitment...Yes i looked

Before i start yes i did look and i can not find an answer…

I have 17x7.5in wheels with +45 offset (they were super super cheap) and i know +45 offset is not ideal

was going to run a 225/45/17 tire but i dont think that is going to clear the struts…

Does anyone know if a 17x7.5 wheel with +45 will clear without spacers? and if spacers are required how wide can i go without hitting the fenders?

Suspension is just AGX’s with tien stech springs

the OE offset is like what +43 on the 16s for a 6.5" rim. before hitting anything you should ask what’s the safest width of tire I can run on a 7.5" wheel. Wheels that narrow, when spaced will look like poo. Resell them to a fwd person.

I didn’t think 225/45 was a bad choice for a 7.5in tire.

They would look better then the 15in rims i have now thats for sure!

Problem is im still 4 bolt and i cant find shit where i live for 4 bolt with with any kind of offset at all! Ive seen SER spec v rims on a s14 without spacers but not sure what tire they run or how close they are to hitting. i agree that wider would look better and closer to flush but i gotta work with what i can find locally

You definitely won’t clear your springs with that offset. I got 8.25" wheels with +25 offset and i only have half an inch of room between my tires and coils in the front, rear has a bit more space. If you do the math, you’ll probably need 20-25mm spacers depending on your struts n springs.

Since you’ve already bought them, try em on and see how what size spacer you need… if you don’t want spacers though, you’ll have to resell em.

I already worked it out to 25mm bolt on spacers that will be required :frowning:

I put up a WTB post and will see what shows up, If i have to buy new spacers im better off selling wheels and buying all new and starting over again…

Oh and if I compare my wheels to yours, 7.5@45 vs 8.25@25 its only 10mm less space then yours

so… 10 millimeters = 0.393700787 inches compared to .5in the wheels will fit…

What sized tire you run?

I run 235/40/17. And ya, i noticed the wtb post lol, stock lugs will go past the 25mm spacer. I was in this dilemma just this past week, I wanted a better stance in the rear (don’t want a staggered setup either) so I opted to put in 25mm spacers after people saying they’d clear the stock lugs but you need like 28mm spacers to do so.

I’d say just to resell the wheels and get proper offset, save yourself the headache.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

There’s 2 sets of proper 4 lug wheels on here for sale. Both in Ottawa. 17x9 +20 5Zigen FN01R-C and 17x9.5 +12 Rota Grid. Buy one of those.

struts or coilovers?

big difference… wheels clear struts no problem as they go UNDER the spring… unlike coilovers…

my 17x8 +34 with 235s cleared the struts with tons of room to spare… a 17x7.5 with 225s at +45… itll clear… struts… not coils

Im running AGX struts and tien springs so ill be under the perch for sure

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Do you plan on shipping them to Halifax Nova Scotia for me? :slight_smile:

Hmm, good to know. Sorry for the bad info OP.

Well some good and some bad news…

Wheels were suposed to be et45 which was written on the box however wheels are stamped et40

Mounted one up front as a test and it does clear the strut but only by 5mm and the tire will be wider then that so good new is they clear, bad news is im still better off getting new wheels :frowning:

Anyone on here have some wheels they wanna ship to nova scotia?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

oh and 17x9 at +20 is 1mm less clearance then 17x7.5 at +40…

so know that what the hell do s14 guys run for wheels!!!

http://www.son240sx.org/showthread.php?215366-FS-10-Setssssss-of-JDM-WHEELSSSS-!-!-!-!-quot-PICSSSSSSSSSsssssss-quot

Check this out
he will ship to nova scotia

When you tested fitted your rims did you actually drop the car down to see how it sits or did you just toss it on when it was in the air? If you dont have rubber put it down on wood.

On the other note . Why are you getting honda wheels for nissan? 7.5" is such to small for s14 fenders. Atleast run 9 or even 8.5 with lower offset.

For anyone interested…

17x7.5 +40 do clear the strut with a 215/45/17 up front. I may have been able to do a 225/45/17 rear tire by the looks of it.

If i went 225/45/17 it would probably have it or would be in the strut on turns for sure.

17x9+20 with 245/40/17 fit under stock s13 fenders., go wider and lower offset then u have to pull…