Wheel spacer fitment

I’m not sure where this belongs, but here goes.

I’ve got a set of 17x7.5 wheels from my old car that I’d like to put onto my s14. Problem is that it’s a +47 offset, so obviously it’s too high to put onto the s14 without looking sunken in. I am planning to run a 15mm spacer to bring the overall offset to +32. Do you guys think that the 15mm spacer is enough, or should I get a 25mm instead?

The only REAL reason why I’m asking between a 15 and 25mm spacer is that the 25mm spacers carries new studs and I wouldn’t have to press in longer studs like I would if i used a 15 or 20mm spacer.

a 25mm will have you pushing the fender a bit, but it should work ok.

the only thing i would worry about really is having wheels up front that are 25mm further out than the rear

[newb question]
Wouldn’t you put 25mm spacers on all 4 wheels?
[/newb question]

i had H&R 25mm last year, no problems with them

Yea…i was looking to get a set of the HR DRM spacers that carry a new set of studs.

As for fender clearance, I’m going to be test fitting with a buddy’s set of 17x7.5 wheels with a +22 offset to be sure I don’t rub the outside fender. I don’t really wanna roll the fender.

Question tho (similar to roast’s question): why would my front wheels be 25mm more than my rear? I do plan to be putting on spacers at all 4 corners. (ALso, wouldn’t a wider front track be better for handling? Just look at an S2000…car looks like it’s got a jug-head! :lol: )

hey guys i just got an idea

my dad is a mould maker and has access to all kinds of milling machines, cnc’s, edm’s, etc at work.

so maybe if i talk to him and get him to make copies of some hr spacers would any of you be interested?

They would of course be identical copies, and would be had in any thickness.

I had considered getting custom spacers made for my last car (a camry). I even had my engineering buddy design the thing in a CAD/CAM program to be machined, but the costs of anodizing pushed the price too close to getting a set of HR spacers.

How much would it cost? (dependant on number of people interested, obviously)

25mm will still be very sunken because they are 7.5" wheels

im assuming u’ll run 205s on these wheels so you wont need any fender work.

nope…225/45/17 tires… but 25mm on a 17x7.5(+47) wheel would make it 17x7.5(+22)…and it would still sink in??? holy…well, i guess nothing beats a test fit…

well the wheels will be sunken, but the tires will be bulging, so the tires would be “flush” however the wheels would not.

+22 with 225 will require a roll and possibly a pull as far as my memory serves me! I would suggest 205mm section width though bud

i belive jantos was running +25 on his coupe with 225 on the stock wheels, so that would be a +19 on 6.5" wheels. But when tire sizes are the same offset can be generalized:

i.e. a 225 on a 9" +22 wheel should fit just the same as a 225 on a 7.5" wheel with a +22 offset, the onlydifference would be the design of the tire, if it has a narrow tread width compared to section width etc. For example falkens have very wide section widths.

i am already doing this…

http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=9585

you guys need to check the group buy section more often, there have been alot of savings to be had recently

Ahh…the joys of ‘variations’ between tire manufacturers. A Kumho 712 Ecsta in 225 width (which is what I had originally mounted on the wheel) is actually pretty close in width to a 7.5" wheel… the sidewalls are near vertical.

Again…nothing beats the almight test fit. :smiley: