Offset dilema. will it fit

Heres my dilema…

My front wheels are 17 x 8 with a +9 offset. To clear my brakes I need a 5mm spacer. I currently have a 20mm spacer with my 4 bolt s14 alloys. Heres where it gets tricky… you think its possible to run the 20mm spacer along with my 17 x 8 +9 offset without ridiculous camber and stock fenders on an s14 ( I seriously doubt it)? Would the 20mm spacers essentially make my 17 x 8 +9’s a -11 wheel?

I also have 25mm adapters on the rear. I’m pretty sure I’d have to get the rear fenders rolled to clear the adapters and my 17 x 9 +19 wheels.

I’m just hoping theres a chance in hell I can fit these damn things on my s14 without having to get a new spacer set up. Seems unlikely but no harm in asking.

I don’t think it will fit. Your front rims will stick out and the fender will have to be rolled/pulled.

It’s too bad that you are 4 bolt because I might need spacers for my new rims too. Effectively, what offset were you running with your stock wheels and spacers?

yeah dude those are WIDE… you dont want spacers…

just get 5mm or 10mm plates upfront and some longer studs. with a 5mm u will still be pushing those fenders.

on teh rear a 9" +19 does not need spacers at all

I’m not sure of the offset of stock 15" s14 4 bolts. I was running 20mm spacers up front and 25mm adapters in the back … had lots of room to go wider too.

Looks like I’ll have to go with plan b. Extended studs and 5mm spacers to clear my 17’s. 5mm spacers, studs and 25mm adapters to run my stock 15’s. ( yes stacked…wanna go with 25mm adapters in the front for ease of removal when running my 15’s) As for the rear… no clearance issues when the adapters are removed.

I know :stuck_out_tongue: … would just look boss wider…

Just stick the rims on the spacers and be mAd JdM fLuSh Yo…

it would be close depends what rubber you have for them

What does Rubber matter?

well he probably wants to use the widest tire possible right?

if he bought tires already and they are bigger than 225 my bets are they wont fit

i’ll back jesse on tires mattering…

205 azenis willl look very similar to a 225 all season.

in fact when i had those azenis mounted on my wheels and all seasons for the rear my tire guy said that the azenis looked wider than the 225.

both at equal psi.

a fatter tire can make the wheels look a bit more flush too… not by much though.

i should rephrase that, having a tire that is stretched or fat can make the rim / tire package appear to be slightly further out or slightly further in.

it may just be because of the look of it.

I think Ricks got 245’s on the rear and 225’s up front…

http://membersdb.son240sx.ca/images/membersdb/1009_picture_2767edit.jpg

That’s Ricks rims on the Back with the 25mm spacers.

So I think removing the Spacers they should be flush.

oh hell, thats all

even with spacer a slight pull will be fine

it will look totaly different also because there is no weight on it in that pic

If you take off the adapters the rear wheels should be pretty flush without having to roll the fenders at the back.

im running +42 offset, and 245/35/18 i can still go a bit wider to a 255/30/18, and my fenders are not pulled of flared,

dude ud be rocking a nice offset i dont see why u would need a spacer to clear your brakes budd, uve got a backspacing of about 4 inches, more than enough to clear your brakes u would think, unless u got a mad dish going on with 0 sink on your spokes, post a pic if u can of what these look like

No shit sherlock, you’re running +42 offset, of course you don’t get any rubbing.

On another note, I just got my rims :slight_smile: 17x9 +20 4x114.3, pics will be posted in another thread.

No shit sherlock, you’re running +42 offset, of course you don’t get any rubbing.

On another note, I just got my rims :slight_smile: 17x9 +20 4x114.3, pics will be posted in another thread.[/quote]

if u stop and think u dont only rubb on the outside of the wheel, there is another side to a wheel u know the inside??? ever heard of it?? i have about 1 finger gap and my rear wheels are tucked, somethimes u need to go with a different offset so u do nt rub on the inside either, but i guess uve never had that issue

The higher the offset, the more likely you are to rub on the inside…

Anyways, what are you running up front, same offset? Any clearance issues?

same all the way around, the have a pretty high offset, but there still flush with the fenders almost, no clearence issues untilk i tried putting 295’s on em’

Whats the width of your rim?

are you getting the fender roller from tirerack or using a baseball bat???

the more I look at my setup the more I see the rear tire rubbing…