46mpg (CITY) Ford Fusion Hybrid

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=13638

wow… pretty impressive numbers

nice numbers, its still 8 grand too expensive tho. But thats american cars for you.

How did you determine 8K?

Ford said they were going to come hard with the “GREEN” cars

I wish that was a diesel I fucking hate Hybrids

diesel isnt exactly the cheepest fuel nowadays. Unfortunetly it would seem that hybrid is the way to go.

neither is c16…

someone was saying it would take about 90years to make up the difference between buying a new hybrid and just keeping your current car, not worth it imo

I will take the proven diesel powered vehicle that I can mod has some kind of enjoyment driving and still get 50mpg vs some overpriced hybrid garbage.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the time it takes to save on fuel to make up for the cost of the vehicle? Obviously if someone keeps driving the car they currently own instead of buying a new hybrid, then they’re saving themselves a bunch of money right off the bat (hence the 90 years estimate). But if they do need/want a new car and have the option of looking at hybrids, I think it’s still somewhere along the lines of 10-15 years of owning the hybrid car before they start saving on their “green” car investment over it’s regular gasoline powered counterpart, which is too long for most people to consider a hybrid a good investment for their wallet.

yep thats what i meant on both parts