490 days of drama.

“The Parental Advisory is a notice to NYSpeed members that threads identified by this logo may contain strong stupidity, or depictions of hard-headedness, lack of knowledge and/or common sense, unneccesary drama or substance abuse/drunken posting. Parental discretion is advised.”

-RX3

is it that good?

doesn’t look like anything that you couldn’t have made in a weekend…

couldnt of made it FOR FREE.

lol

but seriously, its an unequal lenght manifold and a simple downpipe. as newman said, you could have made it yourself, or had one of the advertising shops weld it up.
shit in that amount of time they could have mined the ore, smelted it, and rolled the tubing (would have been better than a cast piece) themselves. :slight_smile:

I don’t typically own a car for 490 days.:biglaugh:

Nice parts though.:tup:

Yeah next time I win over $6,000.00 in mods. I’ll tell them to keep them and just have a hack job done instead.:rofl:

lol. because that manifold is soooo efficient.

sell that shitty lump and have something good made. All the APR biters will be all over that brand name garbage, and should get enough loot for a nice stainless tubular setup.

… Thats a great idea. I want it to be made out of a bunch of shity pie cuts…:roll2:

no. use some mandrel bent 16ga stainless. duh.

besides. a well designed equal length tubular mani made out of pie cuts would probably pwn the shit out of that thing. Cylinder number 3 makes me want to cry.

let me guess. this uses a “CHIP” and an FMU for tuning?

i’m sure it’s a great kit. lol.

that cast manifold sucks. you can lie to yourself all you want, but its an unequal length cast pos.

6k rofl

lets say thats a gt28rs and is worth 1k, your telling me that shitty manifold and a J pipe are worth 5k?

i have a bridge for sale… cheap.

you’re on ludes man, that collector is hot. it makes burns look like shit. :slight_smile:

lol, thats the hot shit.

oh, and you can buy the same pipe they make $500 - $1000 manifolds locally for $4 - $6 a bend.

$6000? Was there more then those 3 pieces? I understand it was free… and I still think that You were ripped off.

$0.02

:tspry: for poorly advertised free shit.

bahahha

The manifold design is definately not very good. At least it’s made of inconel however.

Newman, there’s under 10 Audi A4s running any sort of management other then chiptuning in the United States. It’s simply not practical to install a standalone unit when a proper chiptuning setup will be just as fine. As sad as it may be, this is the only reliable off the shelf kit for A4s (this moment :wink: ) as much as I dislike APR.

Yes, you can DIY it cheaper. But, who’s going to tune his car? It’s a 2001. No one will touch that year, and that’s probably why he really waited this long for the kit.

Audis are not Hondas, or DSMs. You have three feasible options in the big turbo market, buy an off the shelf kit, get custom chiptuning, or install 034EFI standalone. For Eric, the kit was free, so obviously he’s gonna take it.

EMS is 1400 bucks… or less. He may have to cut his old ecu off and wire in the universal ems, but that is a million times better than a FMU. FMU is such a sad excuse for tuning it makes me laugh.

When he tosses a rod through the oilpan because the stupid FMU disc warps (which they do) then he will understand why they fucking blow. My point is, if that shit is really worth 6000 dollars, unintercooled, then he should ditch it on VWvortex, because kids on there are absolutely fucking retarded and hump brand names worse than any other car kids. He should then take his 5000 dollars that he gets, buy an externally gated turbo, have a manifold fabbed up, get a cooler, and get some decent fuel management.

This is for a 2.0? If so, i reccomend pushing the car into a lake. Or at the very least burning it.

FMU? The kit uses the stock fuel pressure regulator if that’s what you’re referring to, alongside a stock ECU with chiptuning. I don’t think anything is going to break on this car, the APR kit is the only reliable kit. I don’t like APR, I am stating fact.

It’s for a 1.8T. And he’s not gonna go standalone. Why bother; he’s got a perfectly reliable kit that is capable of high 12s with a warranty. Who cares? It’s not a Honda, you don’t just buy a standalone kit, throw it in and go on your way. It’s expensive and only a few cars run them. It’s not worth it for him to convert to drive-by-cable, install different ignition, and then 034EFI since thats all that will work with this setup when he has a perfectly reliable setup FREE.

. Yeah I have a 01 A4 2.0t:rofl: You should read up a little on some things. I know you know your shit. But your lacking on this subject. The kit did come with a FMIC. Also look up the price of the injectors for the car… Shit is not cheep in this market.

an FMU is a fuel management unit.

Someone in lockport had a VR6 turbo kit on a 3rd gen golf. I thought it was from APR. It fit like total shit. It also used a cartech FMU along with a “chip”. The kit was crap. But since it is a factory boosted car, modifying the factory ecu will be fine for that small of a turbo.

I am biased tho. I hate anything that comes as a kit. It requires no effort and no creativity, and pretty much no skill.

I am also surprised there was no pic of the intercooler. Thats usually the first thing that people post pictures of. Because in actuallity, they are more concerned about IC size than manifold design.

And i have no idea whether or not a4’s came with 2.0’s I just know that those motors are pathetic.

But, again. I am biased I just hate volkswagens because they are the biggest biter car around. Way worse than any civic will ever be.

Oh shit, i got a EURO SWITCH. I only paid 120 bucks for it too. i got a rippin deal. Now i can turn on my fog lights WITHOUT turning on my headlights. YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I could have bought a switch for 2 dollars and put it under the dash, where noone could see it. but shit. then noone would see it.

end rant.

That would be ATP. And your right it is shit. More on the software side though.

FMIC was sent to me this past summer. And has been on the car since then.

Pathetic! Wht because it’s a solid motor?

Your so full of it. I do agree with you on the euro switch topic though… But all I ever see and hear is JDM this JDM that…

anyone notice the kid with the MADD JDM skyline is calling a v-dubbers bandwagon name droppers?

ROFL

fmu’s do suck ass though