490 days of drama.

LOL. hey. i used american parts wherever i could. And you know how much i do things for asthetics.

1400 bucks for EMS standalone is not alot.
I guarantee you mike at innovative could tune it.

I’m not saying it’s a lot. I’m saying there’s no point in his case.

my old FMU worked perfect.

:tup: to free parts

2.0 is solid?

yeah, because it makes 90 HP

lol

2.0T is different…

Yeah, but when he turns up the boost or modifies anything, he needs a reflash. This is why chiptuning sucks. Unless you have the capability to reflash in which case: :tup:

i should have said 2.0 in a performance application. those motors run forever. even though i managed to blow mine up…

I understand that, and it is the obvious downfall of chiptuning. I can’t tune that car without way too much work then it’s worth, that’s why it took APR so long to get the kit out. 2001s are the most complicated of any B5 A4.

i forgot, it was free. it must be flawless then.

:word:

I cant believe people would actually argue a DIY over a RELIABLE, PROVEN, FREE kit.

ooh a log manifold… oh no… the car will definitely run like shit and blow up now… 1920’s technology…blah blah blah… gimme a break The kit is RELIABLE and PROVEN.
A4’s are a fucking electronics nightmare… This kit is the smartest thing you can do.

Who gives a fuck if you dont do it yourself?? I thought the whole point was to have a fast and reliable car… not being able to impress your friends by yapping on about how you cut and welded, had your car in pieces for 3 months, was dirty and grimey for 5 days out of the week, swore up and down, spent hours a day… ALL BY YOURSELF.

Thats just so pointless Its ridiculous.

Congratulations on the win and getting your shit. Good luck with the install and post some dyno #'s or times when you get it up n spoolin.

My point is simply put as this:
The Garrett turbo, the fmic, the manifold, the DP, and the chip are worth $6k?

Regardless of anything else, You mean to tell me that he won $6k of mod’s, but that only includes the above items? To me, that seems like a shitty advertising job for the contest.

Yes they are free mods, and that is fucking great, I would love to win shit like that. If I did, I would do different things with it from what he has stated.

:gotme:

You’re right, this is so pointless that it is ridiculous.

thats part of being a car guy. maybe you should join nysewing, or something like that :slight_smile:

edit:

no one was knock that it was free, just that it was a shitty kit, and costs 6k for what is pretty much 2k worth of stuff.
and him thinking that crappy manifold would be better than something one of the local shops would have made. thats a fucking insult.

not saying that at all. Not everything must be built for optimal performance at all times, there are other factors to consider, reliability, cost, looks, fittment, longevity, and etc. but I wont get into that with you…

ehh I know what it is to be a car guy. I do everything I can by myself but sometimes its smarter not too. No need to make things very complicated when there is no good reason too. You guys assume the kit is “not very good”. This is based on what?? A observation based on 3 300 x 300 digitlal photos? The Audi crowd says this is a GOOD kit… from EXPERIENCE. Kit may be 2K in parts buy being a car guy you should know that most of the cost in a prepackaged system is R&D … not parts. It costs serious $$$$ to perfect a bolt in system that is ready to drive.

Why am I even explaining this to all the “car guys” in here???

at least this guy gets it :tup:

:tup: to free parts…

I don’t know anything about small engines other than mine get good milage

good luck and be safe

if i had an audi, or any car, and was going to spend 6k on it… that kit would be the last thing i would buy.

my basis for why it sucks?

cast manifold
not a gt turbo
not externally gated

i understand the costs assocated with producing a product. i find it odd that this half assed kit cost 6k, and a greddy setups for other cars with comperable parts cost half that.

i understand its free, and for free, thats cool… but its a waste of 6k.

Yeah You guys are right It’s 6g for just the turbo, intake mani, cat, and FMIC… You guys must be fvcking tards… Before you go running your big mouths, why not take the time to make sure you know what it is your talking about in the first palce… It kills me the lack of knowledge you guys have when it comes to the euro’s but hey you all sure like to jump on the hating game real fast… Before I start to flame anything I make sure I know what the hell it is I’m talking about…

Price also depends on the market and demand. Greddy may sell 500 kits a year for, say, a Evo. These guys might sell 50, if that for, a A4. To support their shop and staff there has to be a higher premium on the kits…adding even more to the price. Basic business economics. It sucks but thats the way this shit works. Im sure you can find a better kit for less… but it wont be for a A4.