5:55am

Yeaa… I’m nowhere as cool and don’t have awesome drinking stories as you guys, but I just finished the sweetest LAN party evar. I had a ton of family over for xmas, and most of them have like 7 yr old kids, so I called up my buddies to keep me from commiting suicide due to boredom. They all brought laptops and the rest is history :smiley: Pizza + Beer + Puters = FUN!

Congratulations. You are a nerd.

Laptop eh? So what games did you play?

IBWoW :hsugh:

Congratulations, you are an asshat.

Beats being a bitter brown guy who stays home and spanks it on Christmas Eve.

And WoW is supposed to be a great game.

a LAN party (no matter how nerdy that sounds) sure beats what I did last night… i.e. nothing

Congratulations, you are an asshat.

Beats being a bitter brown guy who stays home and spanks it on Christmas Eve.

And WoW is supposed to be a great game.[/quote]

FYI, WoW is a great game.

Gonad = Biggest Nerd
&
Nutta = Nerd in denial

Me = Nerd

Solarian, what games did you play?

Ehh… Sry guys, I just woke up now :lol:
We had a severe lack of games since this lan was completely un-planned.
The night started off with some quake (original quake), then we switched over to UT (again original UT :D), then we busted out the CS (whatever old-ass version I had lying around on a CD, you could still bunnyhop in it), then we played Age of Empires 2, then UT again for the win, but with silly mutators this time around.

For the next lan we absolutely must have: starcraft, wc3, some kinda racing game (we kept trying to get NFS hot pursuit 2 to work all night, but couldn’t find a good crack for it), some kinda RPG (D2, Xmen Legends 2), some more shooters (call of duty, DOD, battlefield 2) and ofcourse more people. A 4 person lan isn’t really a lan, you have to keep adding bots to make things fun, and while bots are pretty okay for the first round or two, they really start to blow once you remember how to play the game (especially stupid AOE2, computer kept surrendering 2 min into the game before we even attacked) Different kinds of food and harder liquer wouldn’t have been bad either :smiley:

Edit: Fully aware I’m a nerd :stuck_out_tongue: Even without a lan party lol… I mean, 2 guys in Comp Sci, one guy in Comp Eng, and me in Aero Eng. We can’t really be called “cool kids”, now can we?

Can you feel the love in this thread or what? :rofl:

You’re probablly describing what you did. :o

I spent the eve (after gettin loaded on some good food) watching HULK
IB :hsugh:

awww … A LAN party would be sooo much fun :smiley:

i have to admit i am kinda jealous

:squintfinger:

And one of the gift I bought for my buddy is a 500chip poker set, so I’ll be hauling over to his house in about 20 min to test that out :wink:
Aaah… this has gotta be the best xmas holiday evar… I worked through all the ones in the past :lol:

oooH! how about a SON LAN/tx hold 'em event??? That’d be pretty kick arse. You don’t have to worry if you have a shitty rig, I roll a laptop anyway, so much easier for lans. Besides, old games are more fun than new ones :stuck_out_tongue:

im down for that ^

I just finished my Xmas family thing, and am wishing everyone on my MSNGR list.

Now i’m off to get red and play some BF2: SF.

Yeaaaah… That was fun :smiley:
We played hold em, but only for a couple of hours. Then we busted out UT again, followed by more AOE2. Then we played Euchre till my friend had to go to work. He starts at 7am, working till 8pm (ouch…), but atleast he gets time and a half. I’m still not sleepy lol… And I’ll prolly do this again tommorow, winter break f*in rules!!!

Hey man there is nothing wrong with playing video games, just because someone likes video games it doesn’t mean that person is a nerd, I love to play video games when ever I got time (hardly ever) give me Command and conquer zero hour and I will sit there all day playing it! Same with battlefield 1942 and Medal of honor allied assault breakthrough I can play those games all day long.

Ya but jon you are a nerd :smiley:

I added 2GBs of OCZ Gold series RAM to my PC, and overclocked it to 2.5GHz. Running BF2 at max settings and FEAR at moedrately high settings as well. w00t

thing is

its 5.55am

not

5:55am

or is it. i cant remember anymore

Nutta- Specs? If it’s intel, don’t post, I’d rather keep my respect for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Pfft. Snickers please.

AMD X2 3800+ Dualcore (overclocked to 2.5Ghz)
Asus A8N Sli
2Gbs of OCZ Gold series RAM
Asus Nvidia 7800GT
Soundblaster Audigy 2
80Gb Maxtor & 250GB WD SATA
Runs cool, 37 degrees at idle with OEM cooling. Antec Sonata II case.

Next up i’ll get a WD Raptor HDD, as my primary.
They will release the 150GB Raptors in the spring, so the 74Gb Raptors should drop in price.

If the 7800GTs go down in price, i can go Sli.

My nigger! :lol:
How does the dual core perform in normal usage? I’ve heard it runs just as nicely as a true SMP. What bothers me now the most, is how whenever I’m doing something fairly intensive (unzipping, burning dvd, etc…) my pc gets buggered and I can’t do much else, so I wanna get one pretty badly.
Oh, and have you tried out 64bit XP yet? One of my friends wants to install it on his laptop (he just got a Turion 64 Acer a week ago) and he’d like to know if someone else has already done it b/c he’s worried about stability and support.

My old-ass weaksauce machine:
A-XP Barton 2500+
A7N8X Deluxe
1gb PC3200 no-name ram :lol:
GF3:Ti 128mb <-- oh yea… ooold schoool
Maxtor 160gb 7200 8mb & Maxtor 40gb 5400
LG 16X DVDRW
Enermax 430W Gold PSU
I wanted to get a new rig, but I ended up picking up a laptop this year so that all went down the drain.
Lappy:
Toshiba A70
2.8Ghz Celery
1gb PC2700
15.4" widescreen
9000 mobility 128 shared
40gb 7200rpm hitachi HDD
Thing only cost me 5 bills after tax new, then I ended up picking up the ram and hdd for another 200 after tax. Only reason I got the 7200rpm hdd is my gf’s drive died, so I gave her mine and got me an upgrade.